The Brown Lippie Lineup

by - Friday, January 29, 2016

Having some serious K vibes right now.

I'm going to cut to the chase: my current obsession right now are brown lippies. Maybe it's because of Kylie Jenner and her lip kits or I'm slowly realizing how they're a good alternative to pinks- either way, I'm loving this trend and I hope it stays for good.

My brown lip spree was unintentional. It started with one, then three, then before I knew it, six. Three of these were purchased in Singapore while the other three were purchased here in the Philippines. Shall we begin?
(L-R: Nichido Satin Moist Lipstick in #Vamp, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Raisin Rage, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rum Raisin, essence Longlasting Lipstick in 06 Barely There!, Aido Regular Lipstick #13, Aido Regular Lipstick #9)

SG Bought:
The lipstick that started it all was essence's Barely There! lippie. I thought it was such a nice delicate brown lipstick that was wearable so I thought of trying it out. The two Revlon lippies were bought on a whim while I was browsing the cosmetics section inside Changi Airport. As you know, prices inside the airport are lower because there are no taxes so I bought these lippies a few bucks cheaper. One swatch of each was enough to take them home with me. Raisin Rage looks like a really wearable dark brown while Rum Raisin has a nice orange undertone to it. The formula looks fantastic too as the swatches were smooth and oh so decadent.

PH Bought:
I realized that brown lippies aren't that easy to find in local brands but I was able to find three that I really liked. Nichido's #Vamp looks nothing like a vamp looking lippie but it has a subtle coppery tinge that makes it such a pretty shade. Finding nice shades in the Aido counter was a nice surprise; I found two that I thought were really nice. #13 has a really prominent brown color while #9 has a pink tone to it.

I know you're looking for swatches, but don't worry, I'll be reviewing all six lippies here in my blog; it's just a matter of when they'll be up. Of the bunch, I have to say I'm looking forward to trying Raisin Rage, #13, and Barely There! Hope you liked my brown lippie haul! <3


You May Also Like

0 comments