First Impressions: Watsons Mini Heat Pad

by - Monday, February 01, 2016

Because it's that time of month again. -.-

Okay, let me just say this: having your period sucks. You can't move freely, you always worry if you have blood seeping through your bottoms or bed sheets, you smell like fish, and the worst of all, you're in constant pain. PMS, cramps...they make one week feel like a lifetime. I always worry about the pain so I'm all up for trying anything that soothes it.

Since Watsons is one of my go-to shops in Singapore (I'm always snooping in one every freaking time!), I always see what's new and what's on sale. I saw this hot pink pack of mini heat pads that claims to help soothe menstrual pain. And since it was just S$2, I decided to give it a go.
So what is it? Watsons Mini Heat Pads are self-heating pads that continuously generates heat for up to 12 hours. In each pack is a blend of iron powder, activated carbon, sodium chloride, and water and these make the pads heat up when exposed to air. Since these are minis, they can be carried easily on your purse and you can basically use it anytime, anywhere. Each pack is vacuum sealed to make sure each pad doesn't come in contact with air as it puffs and warms up instantly.
Front view of the pad.

So how exactly do you use it? After you open a packet, you have to remove the backing and stick it on top of your clothing. They really tell you to stick it on top of your clothing to avoid low temperature burns. The air will help speed the heating process and voila, heat!

So how was it? Actually, it takes time for it to heat up. It doesn't instantly heat up; in fact, I had to read the instructions over and over again because I felt like I was doing something wrong. Anyway, it did heat up eventually but I felt like it was too mild so from my top, I transferred it to my underwear. That made me feel the heat more although I still felt like it was a bit weak to my liking. I ended up sticking it onto my skin directly where I felt like the heat was adequate.

To be honest, this product's a so-so for me and here are the reasons why.

1. They weren't joking when they said these were minis, These are pretty small! I prefer something wider because when you're having first day cramps, you want your whole abdomen warm. These pads just cover a small area which may not really relieve pain instantly.

2. Sticking it on top of your clothes doesn't really work that well, although it helps in keeping the pads warm because it's exposed to air. Thing is, when the pad's on top of your clothes, you can't feel the heat and if you can't feel the heat, you'll be in a lot of pain. I guess the best way is to stick it on top of a shirt that's made with a thin material OR stick it on top of your underwear and not wear any bottoms at all. You decide. ;)

3. The sticky part loses its tackiness easily. Which sucks because you can't really use the pad once the sticky part ain't sticky anymore, can you?

Overall, it's an okay. It's fine to use but not on its own. Plus side though, you can use it on other parts of the body because it doesn't really look like a heat pad for cramps, haha! #stealth For the price, it's a good buy but just an okay product.

Oh, and in case you were wondering,I slathered on my favorite cramp-relief product, Salonpas Gel, since the pad wasn't enough. Salonpas makes me smell like an old person but when you're writhing in pain, you'd do anything to make it go away, even if it means giving up your first born to a wicked witch. But don't worry, you don't have to do that because you have no one growing in your belly. Congrats!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. aw i was so excited when i saw this on your side bar. i really need this in my life i also get crapy period symptoms. btw im a new reader of your blog and i just wanted to say that i really like your simple layout and the header :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI again, Shayne! Just read your this, sorry for the late rep! Sorry this product was a let down, I was so disappointed too! :))

    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Means a lot. Hope my posts don't bore you to death! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people have been utilizing heat to treat joint and muscle torment since the beginning of time. In the days of yore, people used to heat up rice or salt packs they would then apply to whatever beset range of the body was annoying them for restorative purposes. The cutting edge like these practices is the utilization of heating pad. heating pad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choosing the right period pads is essential for several reasons. First and foremost, it affects the overall comfort during menstruation. The right pad should provide excellent absorption to prevent leakage and ensure a dry feeling. Additionally, the quality of the pad can impact skin health and prevent rashes or irritation. Lastly, selecting the best pads for periods in Pakistan contributes to environmental sustainability, as some options are more eco-friendly than others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take the next step now and join the thousands of satisfied women who have chosen best pads in Pakistan for their period care needs. Say goodbye to worries and discomfort during menstruation cycles and experience freshness and safety for an exceptional menstrual cycle experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many different types of pads, each designed for a specific need or scenario. Our team has scoured Pakistani market for the best pads in Pakistan that offer the highest quality, protection, and comfort.

    ReplyDelete