Nail of the Week: Essence The Gel Nail Polish in #37: Serendipity

by - Monday, July 10, 2017


Cool-toned jewel.


You guys, I did it! I finally managed to not gnaw on my fingernails for about two to three weeks now! I'm quite pleased at my life progress because for so long, I wondered if I'll ever break this habit of mine and I think I'm slowly getting there. As I've been a good girl, my nails are growing quite nicely, nice enough to be able for me to do a proper NOTW post! 

This week's polish is the essence The Gel polish in 37: Serendipity, a cool-toned lilac with a pronounced gray undertone. I was drawn to this color instantly because I don't have anything like this in my current stash and I'm getting myself to wear light and clean colors from time to time (really, it's for the illusion of "adulting". Ha!). I absolutely love this color as it's not your usual nude or pink or white. The tone actually reminds me of Missha BL06. It's light, but not too pastel, and clean.

So I'm gonna give this to your straight- working with the consistency of Serendipity was a challenge. Like the-Lord-is-testing-me kind of challenge. I was taken aback at how gloopy and thick it was! Now I don't know if that's because this polish has been chilling in my stash for quite a while now or if I got a faulty one, but usually with most of my polishes, a little shake and a few drops of polish thinner will do the trick but it seems like doing those did nothing to thin this one out. It was thick and gloopy with a side of occasional streaking; it's a pain, in short. The brush wasn't angled and thin like other essence polishes so I had quite a hard time painting the corners and edges with precision. I guess the only thing that impressed me aside from the color was the fact that my mani had no bubbles, no matter how thick each layer was. The streaking was remedied a bit with top coat. I really urge you to use Seche Vite with this polish because drying can take a serious amount of time, considering its thick consistency. 

I'll be loading this polish up with more  polish thinner next time I use it but I don't think I'll be reaching for it anytime soon as I can still remember how challenging it was to apply. The color's really the only thing that kept me going as I love it so much. It was really surprising to me at how crap the formula was because I have two other The Gel polishes and I didn't really have a hard time with those! But I guess I'll keep this for now. Here's to hoping I'll be able to find the same shade but with a better consistency!

You May Also Like

0 comments