Review: Kat Von D Sin-Full Lash Mascara in Puro Amor

by - Saturday, March 17, 2012

  I've been using this mascara for almost two months now so I've decided to do a review about it. So, what do I think about it?

  This mascara came with the Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition palette so I was so psyched to try it out. What made me even more excited was that it was a full sized one! 


According to Sephora:

What it is:
A mascara that turns up your eyelash volume by curling, lengthening, and thickening each and every strand. 

What it does:
This creamy, rich mascara includes a thick-bristle brush that perfectly coats individual lashes with a true black pigment formulation, creating intense depth and a bold stare. An infusion of rose extract improves the health of your lashes while enhancing the smoothness of application.

Now, what are my thoughts about it?
First thing first: I love the packaging of this mascara. Let's say it really has the Kat Von D vibe in it. Silver and black with roses laced all around the tube. Love it.
As for the mascara itself, well, I'm not really a big fan of the formula. Yes, this mascara did thicken and lengthen my lashes but it did not curl my lashes at all. Here's a photo of my uncurled lashes with and without the mascara:
As you can see, my lashes just became thicker and darker, and totally not curled at. all. I guess this can work if your aim is just to have thicker looking lashes without being dramatic at all. And now here's a photo of my curled lashes with and without the mascara:
 One plus side: it clumps. I like clumpy mascara so I'm totally okay with it. Plus it's dark which is another plus. But as you can see as well, it pulled my curled lashes down as it clumped. I feel the need to put on a pair of false lashes to compensate for my fallen curled lashes. -_-"

Down part: it's not waterproof. So please do not bring this on swimming trips. Please. If this mascara kind of failed on my top lashes, it works beautifully on my bottom lashes. Because of the clumping, it makes me feel like a doll with clumpy lashes. It helps open the eyes up.

So why do I still use it?
For crying out loud, it's a full sized mascara! It'll be a waste not to use it. Plus, I really like it on my bottom lashes. Also, I use it on my LOTD/tutorials where I remove my makeup after I take photos.

Reminders:
-Before applying this mascara, make sure you apply a an eye shadow primer and an eye shadow on both top and bottom lids. It can transfer on the skin throughout the day, especially on hot days.
-The brush is pretty big. So if you have short lashes, it can be a bit tricky to apply.
-Lastly, this mascara may or may not work for you. In my case, it's 60% no 40% yes. My lashes are different from others so it's really a matter of trying the product, see if it'll do wonders on your lashes. 

My Rating:
♡♡♡♡♡


You May Also Like

0 comments