LOTD: Night of St. Patrick

by - Wednesday, March 14, 2012

  I hope it's not late to join the bandwagon of St. Patrick's Day inspired makeup looks. This is more of an evening look which is very unlike most tutorials where everything's bright and glittery and festive. I also get to use my second favorite palette: the Kat Von D Tattoo Candelabra Edition.

  When I did this look, I started with the eyes first. Since I used a pretty dark shadow, I opted to do my foundation and concealer after I'm done with the eyes. Also, I used the last row of shadows in the palette: Helsinki, Evil Monkey, Nerd, and Night of the Hunter.

1. Before putting any shadows/eyeliner on you eyes, always put a layer of primer. Here I used Shadow Insurance.

2. The first shadow I used was Night of the Hunter. I used a soft, fluffy Suesh shadow brush to apply it but you can use a blending brush too. Avoid using a dense brush like MAC's 239 since you don't really need to pack the shadow. Put the shadow on your lower lashline as well. It depends if you want it to be thick or not. Make sure to blend all edges with a clean blending brush before doing the next step.

3. For the crease, I used Evil Monkey.

4. Using Nerd, I applied a wash of it on my lids and lower lashline. Do not pack the shadow; you just want to add shine and dimension to the dark base used earlier. I also put a little on my inner corners.

5. For brow bone highlight, use Helsinki. If you think it's all too shimmery, you can always use a matte shadow.

6. To line the eyes, I used MAC's Smolder. I lined my upper lashline and smudged it. I also lined my waterline.

7. Give your lashes a good curl and add a LOT of mascara both on top and bottom lashes. You can also use some falsies if you want.

8. Now that my eyes are done, I moved on to foundation, concealer, and powder.

9. Apply blush and contour your cheeks, temples, jawline.

10. I lined and filled my lips first with Elizabeth Arden's lip liner in Plum Rose. After blending the liner a bit, I applied L'Oreal's Glam Shine gloss in Apricot Sparkle.

 And that's pretty much it! Now onto more photos of me being vain this look.

  We don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day here in the Philippines but I would love to go to Ireland one day to celebrate it! Get your green on!


You May Also Like

0 comments