Unseen/Unblogged Photos From My Makeup School

by - Friday, February 24, 2012

  From September to November, I attended Cosmoprof Academy in Singapore. It is a beauty school located inside an establishment called PoMo. I wasn't able to blog about it because I became busy with school and touring/roaming around. So now, I finally have the time to share photos of me, my classmates, and the activities we did together in 3 months.


My class started last September 16; yes, a day after my 18th birthday! I was super thrilled/nervous about it because I didn't really know what to expect. All I know is that I might be the only Filipino in our class. And in the end I was right. But it's no biggie since I had a great time learning our lessons and at the same time had fun interacting with my classmates.

Before I show the photos of me and my classmates, I'll give you a little classroom tour. We were sixteen in our class and we stayed in the room on the photo below. At first we were hating the room because it was small considering we were sixteen. But I'm glad we had this room because it really brought us together and made learning easier. This is also where we were able to experiment with each other's faces since our models are ourselves! It was fun since I get to work on different faces with different shapes and features.
 Our classes start at 10:30 am and I was the first to arrive the day I took these photos. Teehee. :>
 This is the desk/station of our instructor, Mr. Clive Ho. He may be a bit intimidating at first but he's really nice! We also share one thing in common: sarcasm! I miss you, Mr. Clive!!

 And this is where faces in photos start.
That's Mishka. She is probably my closest friend in our class. When we became partners for a lesson, we instantly clicked. She's a year younger than I and she's originally from South Africa. She's Indian but because she went to international schools and she grew up speaking just English, she didn't have any accent. We became lunch buddies and really good friends. Too bad though because several days after our graduation, she went back to South Africa. Miss you, BAMF! :)
 Here's Liyana, one of the two people I first met in school.
 Me and Stephanie during our 1920s makeup lesson.
Me and Sara
Rizwana, Rachel, Mishka, and Vanessa
Me and Claris
Rachel and Alvin during our aging makeup lesson
Sumitha and the two kinds of stage masks I did on her face. Sumitha is the very first person I met during our first day of classes.
 Claris and I teamed up again to do male stage makeup.
Special Effects!

   Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take photos of everybody. :( But rest assured, my classmates became good friends of mine. I'm looking forward to seeing them again when I go back to Singapore.

My stay in Cosmoprof was a very memorable one. I'm glad I took my diploma course there because it was worth it. It didn't feel like studying because I had fun. So if you're looking for a makeup school, I definitely recommend Cosmoprof. Plus, it's inside a place where you can basically eat your lunch, shop for groceries, get your hair and nails done, and even attend martial arts/muay thai classes. It is also near two train stations: Little India and Dhoby Ghaut and two more malls: Plaza Singapura and The Verge.

  

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello po. I've been eyeing over that makeup school for awhile now. Can you tell me where did you stay while you're studying in SG? I'm from PH btw. :)

    ReplyDelete