Spray to Slay: Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

by - Thursday, February 23, 2017

Let's see if this is a yay or nay, shall we?


You guys, I finally have it. I finally have one of the most popular cult products in the beauty world: the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. Thank goodness for Sephora, especially the counter section, am I right? I swear, the most interesting products are in the shelves near the cashier area because that's exactly where I spotted the travel-sized bottles of All Nighter. So, what's the hype all about?


All Nighter is Urban Decay's bestselling setting spray. It is a weightless setting spray whose formula was developed in partnership with Skindinavia (yes, the popular makeup setting spray brand) and is designed to make your makeup last up to 16 hours. The formula has a Temperature Control Technology that lowers the temperature of your makeup to keep everything in place, whether it's hot and humid or cold. This helps your makeup not crack, melt, fade, and settle into fine lines while also giving the appearance of smoother skin and more vibrant looking makeup.

All Nighter has no parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. It is available in two sizes: 30ml and 118ml.

First: packaging. The All Nighter comes in a white box with all the details you need to know about the product. The bottle is pretty simple: white spray bottle accented with purple print. The bottle also has two caps, a small transparent one and a bigger purple one. I guess this is to ensure the product doesn't dry out easily. 
(I think Urban Decay had a little redecorating of the All Nighters because the bottles in Sephora US are now black/white/purple, instead of the one I got here. Don't be alarmed though, because the formula's the same.)

The formula: For the most part, All Nighter doesn't feel sticky on the skin. I tried it to set my makeup, sprayed a couple across my face and when it dried, I felt like my skin got smoother and the makeup felt more settled. It didn't feel heavy too- it was just like spritzing water on your face, only this one dries/evaporates quickly. The spray could be a little finer but you can always remedy that by using an airbrush gun. But hey, the spray is good on its own too, just saying. Also, All Nighter doesn't have any particular scent. Maybe a hint of lotion but overall undetectable, perfect for those who are fussy with products with scents.

In terms of makeup prolonging, it actually does a good job. I have a combination skin type so there are areas where it's oily and areas where it's dry. All Nighter actually helped in keeping my oils at bay and it definitely helped my setting powder stay longer that usual. Of course living in a tropical country means sweating 90% of the time so after 5 hours, I knew I needed to freshen up, blot some areas here and there. My main issue is sweat, not oils, so it was inevitable for me not to wipe them sweat beads off. The oils weren't too bad, I must admit. With this on, I felt like I could care less with my makeup. It feet like it just works, that I didn't need to check my face all the time. And I love how my skin feels when I have this on. You guys, I totally get the hype now! 

So is it a yay or a nay? For me, it's a big YAY! If you have a normal, dry, or combination skin type, this is a good product to use because it's amazing in setting makeup without feeling heavy and sticky. However, if you have a really oily skin type, you might want to check De-Slick, UD's setting spray designed primarily for those with oily skin types. That's more heavy duty on oil-control, I think.

BRB, setting my face like cray now! xx

You May Also Like

0 comments