Curled for Hours: Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara

by - Friday, March 01, 2019


My new fave.


I feel like it has been a hot minute since I last reviewed (and tried!) a new mascara. See, my HG mascara of ALL TIME will always be Maybelline's Hypercurl Cat Eyes Mascara. I love that mascara with all my heart and soul. It was my go-to for my lashes and it never failed me. It was waterproof, it gave my lashes length, and held the curl like a freaking boss, which is the most important thing for me because my lashes are so stubborn. Unfortunately, I don't think they make this mascara anymore- I know, how heartbreaking (for me anyway). I think they replaced it with the Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara, one I haven't tried yet. Maybe I'll give it a go one day and see if it's as good as the Hypercurl.

I've been on the hunt for a new replacement since forever and I've tried some that aren't that good. Some were popular but didn't really wow me, some I tried just because the packaging looked interesting. Recently, I've been trying and testing a new one and I gotta say, I think I found a mascara that's as good as the Hypercurl Cat Eyes (GASP!).

The mascara I'm currently loving is Benefit Cosmetics' Roller Lash. This isn't a new product at all- I'm just late to the party. I tried it with 0 expectations, to be honest, because I learned my lesson with the They're Real! Mascara (this mascara was such a disappointment, don't @ me.). But what do you know, turns out Roller Lash is 100 x better than They're Real!. So if you have stick straight lashes, you might want to read on.


The Roller Lash tube I have is a travel/sample sized one but it's enough to get me hooked and gush about it. According to the Benefit's website, "It’s a roller for lashes! The eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours. Contains provitamin B5 and serin, ingredients known for their lash-conditioning benefits. Available in two stunning shades, original ink black or brown." They also stated that Roller Lash has a satin formula, is water-resistant (take note: not waterPROOF), and can be easily removed. 

I tested it on my curled and uncurled lashes. On uncurled lashes, it gave my lashes a good lift and curl. Nothing too mindblowing- it was decent enough. I told you, my lashes are stubborn and stick straight so I always tend to curl them beforehand. On curled lashes, well, this was where the magic happened. This was where I saw the Roller Lash's effect and I gotta tell you, I'm so damn pleased with the results.


As you can see, my lashes look so damn fiiiiiiine. Roller Lash was able to fan out my lashes and give them length- looks oh so wispy! Another thing I liked about the Roller Lash: it didn't weigh down my lashes. My curl remained the same and it made them curl higher and when it set, it stayed the same. It didn't bring the curl down at. all. I was shook. It performed just like my Hypercurl Cat Eyes. I am officially hooked.

One thing I'd also like to mention is the Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush . The brush might look tricky to use but to be honest, it was a breeze using it. The curled wand actually helped in getting all the lashes in every nook and cranny with ease and helped a lot in separating the lashes. Definitely better than most synthetic wands I've tried before, for sure!


At this point, I guess the only difference between Roller Lash and Hypercurl Cat Eyes (aside from the price difference, let's be honest) is that Roller Lash is just water-resistant. So if you splash your face with water and rub your lashes, there will be guaranteed streaks and smudging. Plus side, Roller Lash can easily be removed with micellar cleansers and anything as gentle. Hypercurl is a pain in the butt to remove but that's because it's waterproof as hell. That mascara is waterproof, sweatproof, and summerproof; hell, at some point I thought it was also makeup remover-proof because it took me ages to completely remove it. Good time, good times.

Roller Lash is currently my go-to mascara. It's easy and quick to use and it does the job so well. The fact that it can hold the curl of my lashes and just stay there for hours- man, my mind is blown. I definitely recommend this mascara, whether you have stick straight lashes or not. It's definitely waaaaaaay better than They're Real! (at least for me) so if you had to choose, pick this. Love this a loooot!



You May Also Like

0 comments