Morning Bites: Breakfast Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Muffins

by - Wednesday, March 03, 2021


Part naughty, part healthy.

Hello, March! It has been a hot minute since I posted something I baked (trust me, I've been doing a lot of baking, I was just lazy AF to actually make a post about them. Sorry!) so I thought today's a good day to post something sweet, filling, and easy to bake. I absolutely love having these muffins for breakfast because it contains my favorite things: chocolate chips and oats. I just love incorporating oats in anything I bake (well, except for cakes) because it just makes them more filling and more fiber-y which makes them healthy-ish.

I like having these for breakfast because they're filling and they are a legit excuse to have chocolate in the morning. Two muffins is definitely filling for me and paired with a freshly brewed coffee (from my moka pot, of course)? HEAVEN. I am 100% ready to start my day.

Baking these muffins are pretty straightforward and most ingredients are probably already in your pantry. What I love about these muffins is that you can pretty much chuck in any mix-in you want: chocolate chips/peanut butter chips/butterscotch chips/sea salt caramel chips/cacao nibs/chopped nuts/white chocolate chips/chia seeds- pretty much anything. I love mixing and matching so in this batch, I used mini choco chips, a generous sprinkling of cacao nibs, and a handful of leftover white chocolate chips.

Oh, and before I forget, batter is a bit on the thicker and chunkier side so expect muffins that are more on the dense side. Soft and fluffy? We don't know them.

Enjoy!


Breakfast Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Muffins

Yield: 12


1 1/4 cups all purpose flour, sifted

1/2 cup rolled oats

1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda

a pinch of salt

1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled

1/2* cup brown sugar, loosely packed

1 large egg, room temp

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/4** cup milk (I used half evaporated milk, half water)

1/2 cup chocolate chips (or a combination of any mix-ins you have)

about 2 tablespoons cacao nibs


1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 12 cup muffin pan.

2. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients (first 4 ingredients).

3. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.

4. Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until just combined. 

5. Into the wet mixture, slowly add in the flour mixture as well as the milk. Stir until just combined.

6. Fold in chocolate chips (and other mix-ins) and cacao nibs. Mix until everything is well combined.

7. Place batter into the lined muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

8. Enjoy while hot with a cup of hot beverage!


NOTES:

*If you want a sweeter muffin base, bump it up to 2/3 cup.

**If the batter still feels stiff and dry, make it 1/3 cup instead.


 

You May Also Like

0 comments