Winning Wireless: MPOW Flame2 Sport Wireless Earphones

by - Friday, March 19, 2021

 


My new workout buddy.


Back in January, my beloved sports earphones given to me by my brother-in-law, the Jaybird Freedom 2, finally said goodbye. On one random day, the left earpiece just decided not to work anymore. I freakin' loved those earphones because they were legit water and sweat proof, had a great stereo/sound(?), and the earhooks had really good grip that made sure the earphones won't go anywhere. It was my trusty workout earphones and I was so sad that they reached their end. Oh well. 

Because of that, I needed a replacement STAT. See, I'm one who loves using earphones for my workouts because I need to be in that workout headspace- just me, my mat, my equipment, and my workout vid for the day. I need the outside world blocked and earphones help me create that atmosphere and get in the zone.

I've been through a whole lot of earphones and through trial and error, I now know the top two things I look for in earphones: one: it should be wireless (aka bluetooth connectivity all the way!) and two: it should have a water/sweat-proof/resistant level of IPX5 and above (honestly, the higher, the better). So after hours of scouring Shopee and Lazada, I finally settled on one: the MPOW Flame2.


I ordered it around January 20 and I got it on January 29, not bad considering it was shipped overseas. I also bought it from the official Shopee store of MPOW so it's legit af. I actually thought of getting the Mpow Flame but I figured since the Flame2 had better reviews and only costs a few bucks more, I decided it would be best to just go for it. And I'm really glad I did because I love it!


So what's in the package?

3 cards: a user manual, a warranty card, and a card reminding that the earphones should only be charged using 5V 1A adapter or a USB port.



Earphone case, the earphones itself, USB charging cord, a cable clothing clip, a cable clip, and earphone buds and wing tips, both come in 3 sizes.

The MPOW Flame2 comes in a good number of colors but I ended up just getting the pure black because I'm basic like that lmao. Plus I think the all black looks sleek and lowkey.


Quick specs rundown of the MPOW Flame2 (all info from their Shopee page):

1. IPX7 sweatproof + a water-resistant nano-coating

2. 150mAh battery which lasts about 13 hours and recharge for only about 2 hours.

3.  Bluetooth 5.0 + QCC3003 chip that provides a more stable connection with operating range up to 33ft.


Honestly, the moment I read that it's wireless and has an IPX7 sweatproof/water-resistant level, I was sold. In case you were wondering, the MPOW Flame also has an IPX7 level but its battery only has 7-9 hours of playtime.



The earphones are definitely designed differently from the others I've used before. The MPOW Flame2 has earhooks that keep the earphones in place PLUS wings that fit snuggly in the inside of your ears to further keep them in place. This combo is the real deal as I've done a lot of jumping during my workouts (burpees, jumping jacks, squat jumps- you name it) and my earphones never fell out of my ears. 

Another cool feature? The earphones are slanted in a 25° angle. This is to put less pressure in your ears whenever you use it.


Most of the controls are on the right earpiece. The volume control, the on/off button, and the charging port are all there. Absolutely love the on/off button- it always makes me feel like an agent with comms on whenever I turn it on and off haha!

I've been using it for more than a month now and I am just in awe of its battery life. My workouts are usually an hour long each day and with the Jaybird Freedom, I usually charge it after 3 to 4 uses. With the MPOW Flame2 though, I've gone for almost 14 hour long workouts before charging it again- un-freaking-believable. I have no words just pure amazement.

Sound is clear and crisp but honestly, I don't mind if it's not as dynamic or bass-y as I only solely use these earphones for listening to my workout vids. I like that it also connects quickly to my gadgets and never gets disconnected easily when I'm a few feet away.


Overall, I'm very happy with the Flame2. So far, it still works wonderfully and proves to be water and sweat resistant AF. I swear, these earphones are worth every penny and they're not even priced past ₱1000! Such a steal for such a marvelous product.

If you're thinking between Flame and Flame2, I definitely recommend getting the Flame2. However, if you have more coins to spend and prefer something with HD sound and bass, Flame S is worth a look. I definitely have my eye on this one as possible replacement once my Flame2 breaks down.


#SalamatShopee indeed.


You May Also Like

0 comments