New babies in my makeup kit

by - Monday, February 14, 2011

  Last Saturday, I excitedly bought three things I've been planning to buy: a black eyeshadow, ELF's cream eyeliner, and ELF's cover stick.



  Before buying the two ELF products, I made sure to read some product reviews from their website. Both products were highly recommended so I was eager to try them out. The cover stick is amazing. It's very creamy and it surprisingly lightened my dark circles and other dark spots in my face (like the corners of my mouth and nose). It can also be used as a primer which makes it more amazing. Compared to their tone correcting concealer (see this post about it), their cover stick conceals/lightens blemishes better. This stick can also be used as foundation but I find it a bit difficult to blend all over the face so I still recommend using your foundation of choice but you can use this as a concealer. Oh and before I forget, it can also be used as a lip primer. :)


  As for the eyeliner, I bought it primarily because I don't have a cream/gel eyeliner in black. I only have a brown one from Maybelline. Here in the Philippines, Maybelline products are kind of pricey, ranging from around 200php to 500+php. It's considered pricey, especially for teens like me who don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup. So naturally, the first thing to do is to find a replacement for an expensive product. I always wanted to have Maybelline's gel eyeliner in black but because it's expensive, I gave ELF's a try.
  The eyeliner is creamy but not as thick as the Maybelline one. But that's okay because it is pigmented and glides on easily. I have two tiny problems about it though: it doesn't dry quickly when applied and I kind of had a hard time removing it when it dried. Other than that, it's all good. I don't really recommend using the brush that comes with it because I find it too soft and small.


  The eyeshadow I bought was from Fashion 21. It's just a black eyeshadow. Not as black as the ones from MAC, Urban Decay, or Sugarpill. I just needed a black eyeshadow in my collection, that's all.



You May Also Like

1 comments