Easy DIY Eyeliner Wing Stencils

by - Wednesday, April 17, 2013

 Hello, lovely people! 

  A few days ago, I watched Jessica Harlow's d.i.y winged eyeliner stencils, which pretty much inspired me to do my own stencils. Being a lover of winged eyeliner/cat-eyes, I knew I had to make these stencils to make my life easier. Honestly, it is very hard to wing out your eyeliner and make both wings look the same especially if you're new to lining your eyes.

  I tried my best to do what Jessica Harlow did. I was able to make a decent wing stencil.....after 6 tries. So I made some modifications, used more materials, and poof! Level: Expert.

 So if you want to know how I did mine, keep reading! :)

  First off, here are the materials you'll need:



-a small ruler
-pencil and/or marker
-cutter
-cutting board (or an old magazine/folder/illustration board)
-calling card/postcards (I used a calling card for this diy project)


Step One: Before anything else, cut your calling card in half.


Step Two: Using you ruler, get the measurement of the height of your wing. Using your lower lashline and the end of your eyebrow tail as guides, place 0 on the outer edge of your upper lashline. For this post, I decided to make a 1-cm wing.

Step Three: Now that you have the height of your wing, get your calling card and decide on how slanted you want your wing to be. Make sure that 1-inch is on the edge of the card.

Step Four: Flip the card and start creating a scalene triangle. It's in this drawing part where you can adjust how thick or thin your wing would be.

Step Five: Carefully cut out the pattern with your trusty sharp cutter.

Step Six: The last thing to do is label your stencils! You have to do this step especially if you plan to make stencils with different wing heights. In this photo, I made two 1-inch stencils for both my left and right eye so I labelled them as well to avoid confusion.

Aaaaaaand you're done!! I hope these stencils can help you in creating equal winged eyeliner on yourself or on other people. Don't forget to use your lower lashline and the end of your eyebrow tail when creating the wings and filling them in.

Here are the other stencils I made:
Have fun!

You May Also Like

4 comments