Before the Final Layer: OMG Quick Dry

by - Tuesday, March 31, 2020


Dry out.

Quick post because I'm bored and I need something to blog about and I need to kinda update this space too. Ugh, hope this ends already!! (You know what I'm talking about.)


Anyway, since we all can't go out and play, I thought I'd paint my nails a bright purple color (essence The Gel Nail Polish in Beautiful Lies) and try out this new polish I bought a few months back. I needed a top coat that's fast dry and so far, none of my top coats here in my stash are as fast drying and reliable as Seche Vite (still my #1!!).  So after checking out some polish stalls, I decided to try the OMG Quick Dry varnish.


Right off the bat, I knew this wasn't your ordinary top coat. Firstly, it's very, very thin and watery, just like, well, water. Its finish isn't as viscous as a regular top coat. It's very thin and it's very easy to spill; having said that, it applies and spreads very quickly.

So here's where it gets interesting: when applied on the nails, it doesn't have that top coat effect. It doesn't quite seal the polish or kind of act like a barrier, nor does it add shine. In other words, it doesn't feel like the final step to a mani. Rather, it feels more of...well, an extra step.

Let me say this: this does dry down the polish quickly. Once it dries, the polish below instantly feels dry to the touch, aka top coat ready. Sure, it's only the surface that's fully dry but this "top coat" gives you a bit of freedom to move and cuts down drying time for the final layer. Personally, I like using this as a "setter" before the actual top coat because it helps prevent the colored polish from mixing with the top coat. I also like using it between layers to cut drying time. So in a way, it's still a good product, just not what you're expecting a top coat to be. 

Some people hate this (I've read some user feedbacks in some online shops) but I do like it. Not solely as top coat but as a partner to an actual top coat. Honestly, I ain't even mad about it. As long as it cuts down drying time and it doesn't ruin my few coats of polish- I'm good! Not to mention, it's very easy to purchase and doesn't cost a fortune. Yay!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I think ppl hate it because they think it's a top cot when it's probably a quick dry drop. It's kind of like quick dry top coat but it doesn't rlly add another layer, it just dries the nail polish a little bit faster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,, .................

    ReplyDelete