EOTD: Lost Inside This Forest

by - Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hello! I'm back with a new EOTD. Today's look was inspired by a beauty look I saw in Karima's channel a few weeks ago where she has this very simple eye look with a pop of color in the inner corner. I decided to make mine a darker, more shimmery version and it turned out good imho. Forrealz tho, I'd wear this!

The lid work consisted of two colors: a nice shimmery coppery/bronzey NYX shadow and a black brown shadow, Backdoor, on the outer corner. You could totally use a crease shade here but I opted not to because small lid space lol. After that, I just mirrored what I did on the lid on my lower lashline. For my pop of color, I used Label Whore, a really good dupe for MAC Club. Label Whore is one of those shadows that I thought was really pretty but I just didn't know how or where or when to use it. I believe I already used it on an EOTD post before and I think I used it on the lid but it was a mess to work with because the green sheen just goes away when you blend it. On this look, I used it as a highlight which means blending is very minimal so I get to keep the green sheen. It makes a really cool inner corner highlight, doesn't it? Not too bright but still makes the eye makeup interesting. For my brow highlight, I used Kinky then I lined my upper and lower lashline with the black pencil I have. I kept my liner simple and quite thin as I don't want to take the attention away from my inner corner highlight.

I think a one-shadow lid + Label Whore would look real nice too. I'm thinking Urban Decay Smog or even Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. Whaddaya think?

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Unnamed Shadow from the Makeup Artist Palette (lid;, middle part of lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Backdoor (outer corner; outer lower lashline)
Too Faced shadow in Label Whore (inner corner)
Urban Decay shadow in Kinky (brow bone highlight)
Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Deepest Black
Graftobian Cake Eyeliner in Jet Black
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes


You May Also Like

0 comments