Cheap but Surprisingly Good: The Ever Bilena Lip Brush

by - Wednesday, May 10, 2017


Not bad for everyday use.

Who here still uses lip brushes? I think lip brushes are so underused but that's because lip products nowadays are so easy to apply, lip brushes aren't necessarily needed. But I think it's still important to have one or two in your collection because you never know when you'll need them, whether for application or blending purposes. 


I visited a local brand's stall a few months back to see if they have an affordable lip brush I could purchase. See, I have a few liquid lippies on hand and I feel weird using the doe foot applicators to apply the product directly on my lips. I know, I know. Thankfully, Ever Bilena has a lip brush that looks quite promising and didn't break the bank too much.


As with my other lip brushes, this one has a cap and a body, both in black plastic with the brand printed on the cap. This one has a push-up mechanism, though, where you have to use the cap to push the brush part up, like so:



Now let's talk about the brush part.


When I first saw the brush, bristles and all, I thought it looked flimsy and, well, cheap. It definitely doesn't look like the lip brushes I have where the bristles look quite firm and intact. But I gotta give it to EB, the bristles aren't hard and synthetic and if they are, they sure don't feel like it. The brush actually reminds me of G-Lish's eyeshadow brush (plus points to you if you still remember the brand, haha!). Unlike most lip brushes that are flat, this one has a round-ish shape that makes the brush look fluffy and thick. 

Not gonna lie, I thought I'd hate it but when I used it, all my troubles disappeared. This brush isn't bad at all! I used this to apply liquid lipstick and I encountered no issues. It did a great job in applying the product; the size and width of the brush actually made application easier and faster, especially in wide areas like the center of the lips. The round shape of the brush didn't become an issue because once you use it and it has product in it, the brush flattens out eventually and makes the brush tips flat and sharp. Perfect to use on the contours of the lips and for lining! The bristles aren't scratchy, too, and they don't shed easily, surprisingly. The bristles have a good form too, in a sense that they don't splay or get misshapen easily.


Yoooo, I judged this brush too quickly, haha! This wasn't bad at all! It did a great job in applying and blending and it didn't feel rough and scratchy on the lips. I'm still crossing my fingers on the shedding part but so far, they're still intact. I have good vibes with this one so I'm definitely going to keep using it as I'm curious as how far it'll go. But hey, not bad for something that's under 100 pesos!

You May Also Like

0 comments