A Lightweight Base: Bobbie Cosmetics Two-Be-Fair BB Cream in Natural Glow

by - Wednesday, April 26, 2017


If you're into light bases like me, this is right up your alley.


Generally, I'm all about light bases. I'm that girl who likes to let her skin breathe most of the time but also likes a bit of coverage every now and then. I like light, sheer bases because they give me a subtle hint of coverage without fully concealing my bare skin. Plus, these bases feel light and nowhere cement-like, which makes me love them even more. 


For bases, I go for powder foundations most of the time. I love applying them with a brush (I always throw out the sponges haha!) and always over a layer of primer. I got into BB Creams recently, when I finally found a shade that's almost right for me. Then not too long ago, I spotted this little one while strolling around Watsons.


Bobbie Cosmetics isn't new to me as I've already tried and reviewed their cream concealer (I still like it!). I always like looking at their products because there's always something budget-friendly to try. They have compact foundations, concealers, eye and contour palettes, lip crayons, tools, and now this: the Two-Be-Fair BB Cream. Before finally purchasing this, I tried looking for reviews online and nothing showed up. I figured it's probably this one's a). new or b). unnoticed. So I took the plunge and bought it. For the blog and all that. :P

The Two-Be-Fair BB Cream comes in a cutesy yellow striped box that mirrors the tube with a pink cap. It comes in just one size (30g) and is available in two shades: Cream Rose and Natural Glow. This BB Cream is described as "a lightweight, hydrating balm specially formulated to perfectly match your skintone, visibly improve the look and feel of skin, and create an impeccable canvas for luminous, flawless make-up application." This product is infused with Niacinamide and Adenosine, skin-lightening agents that adds illumination and a healthy-look to the skin. And as with most BB creams, this one has sunscreen although they didn't indicate how much SPF is in it. 


The one I got is Natural Glow, a medium yellow-undertoned shade that's almost a perfect match on me. It can still be a bit light but once it gets blended on the skin, it seems to tone down a bit and well, it looks like skin. The consistency is quite like a tinted moisturizer: not too thick but also not too fluid and drippy. However, I like that it blends so well and so quickly. I tried both blender and my own fingers and this product is consistent: it gave me an even and smooth base and that's just with one layer.

Coverage-wise, I'd say this one is more on the sheer side but it's definitely buildable to a medium. It didn't fully cover my dark circles but it lessened the redness on my cheeks. What I really like about this product is its ability to make the skin look smooth, bright, and healthy-looking. And by healthy-looking, I mean dewy but not the oily-looking type of dewy. My skin looked bright and healthy instantly and most importantly, it still looks like skin. This BB Cream also feels lightweight so when paired with a powder on top, my base: done.


I road-tested this product the other day to see how it is with oiliness. I am currently oiling up like crazy due to the hot humid summer season and I wanted to see how long this BB cream would last on me. After setting it with my e.l.f. Clarifying Powder, I was off to the mall. After two hours, I felt the need to blot because you know, oil. I looked at the mirror before blotting and I was very impressed at how healthy-looking my skin was, despite my need to blot. After blotting, my base looked good as new. Pretty. Damn. Awesome. 

After 8 hours of wearing it, I can say that this product is definitely for those with normal to dry skin. Oily skinned gals might have a little problem with longevity as well as with oil-control. I also have to add that this is better when set with powder, as it doesn't have the liquid-to-powder finish. I experienced a bit of creasing on the undereyes but after patting it out, it evened out easily.

Overall, this product is one that's really good to use for everyday or when you're on the go but want a little bit of coverage and brightness on the skin. I really like it, to be honest. It's easy to work with, doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and in a way, still makes my skin look like skin. I'm quite glad I picked it up because it is so up my alley. Plus points: doesn't break the bank, too! (Only 240php)

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Saan pwede mag order or may buy ng bobbie bb cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watsons po and minsan may bobbie stalls din po sa robinsons department store :)

      Delete