6 Reasons Why I Keep Repurchasing Watsons' Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes

by - Wednesday, May 31, 2017


These wipes were made to remove the warpaint on our faces. Ha!


For the most part, I love using the good 'ol combo in removing makeup: liquid makeup remover and cotton squares. I've stated here on the blog how much I love trying different makeup removers, whether it's the bi-phase kind or the micellar ones, because these kinds are just so reliable, you know? But for the sake of trying something new, I decided to re-try makeup wipes. See, I'm always skeptical with makeup wipes because I've tried a couple that didn't really impress me that much (click here and here to read my reviews). But I'm happy to report that I've found one that's truly reliable and worth every penny: the Watsons Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes.

I've been a fan of these wipes from the day I first tried them out. Hell, I don't even know what took me so long to feature this here! I've repurchased these wipes for who knows how long now so I figured I must do its own review. And yes, before I blabber on, I do highly recommend this!

Without further ado, let me tell you why I keep repurchasing these wipes.


Reason 1: Affordable
- I'm gonna say it: I can be quite stingy, especially to items that can be quite disposable. I won't be buying a steeply priced pack of wipes I haven't used before, thank you very much. So when I saw how cheap they were, of course I bought them. A pack of wipes, last time I checked, was priced at around S$2.50-2.90 in Watsons Singapore. Sometimes they go on sale for 2 for S$5. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me because each pack has 20 wipes of pure awesomeness.

Reason 2: Gentle yet effective
- Unlike some wipes I've tried before, these wipes are gentle on the skin. They don't sting or cloud the eyes and there's no tingly sensation on the skin. However, unlike other gentle wipes I've tried before, these wipes can actually remove a decent amount of product off my face. Like, around 65%? Of course it can't easily melt off waterproof mascara nor erase gel liner in one swipe, but it can remove other products easily like powders and liquid bases. Oh, and I've tried it with liquid lippies; the wipes worked like a freaking charm. 

Reason 3: Fragrant
- The wipes don't smell like a potent concoction; they smell more like lotion and even a bit like baby powder! The smell is actually refreshing so when you use it, you don't get bothered by the strong scent some makeup wipes have.


Reason 4: Good ingredients 
- These wipes have two main ingredients: Natural Witch Hazel Extract and Vitamin E. Witch Hazel is a known antioxidant and its tannins make it a good natural astringent as they help remove excess oils from the skin. Vitamin E, on the other hand, is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that hydrates as well as calm sensitive skin. 

Reason 5: Non-Greasy
- You know when you remove makeup with bi-phase removers and they leave you skin oily AF? Well, I don't have that aftermath with these wipes. Sure they leave your skin a bit tacky/sticky but they also leave your skin with a thin film of product that keeps your skin moisturized. I don't feel extra oily when I use these and they actually remove excess oil which leaves my skin refreshed and clean-feeling.

Reason 6: Easy to rehydrate
- You know that trick where you spray clean (distilled or purified) water on facial wipes to rehydrate them? Well, when you do that with these wipes, they perform even better. They're able to remove stubborn cream products quickly and they don't dry out fast. So good to have on hand when you're doing swatches!

Those are the reasons I can immediately think of and if I haven't convinced you yet, then maybe you should just go and try these out yourself! I'm really impressed with these wipes and I'm glad Watsons had them on sale when I first saw them. Now every time I go to Singapore, I always make sure I come home with a couple packs on hand because they're just too good. Now I don't know if Watsons Philippines have these so I'll just update this post. Meanwhile, get a pack if you can, alright?


You May Also Like

0 comments