JoJo "Disaster" Makeup Look

by - Sunday, November 06, 2011

  Love JoJo, her new song, the song's music video, and of course JoJo's makeup. Time to do it.

  Yesterday, I watched the music video of JoJo's new song, Disaster. I'm obsessed with this song, to the point that it's on repeat already in my iPod and iTunes. When I found out that the video's up already, I immediately watched it. I'm glad I did because I loved it. Especially her makeup. Thus, Sunday became recreate-JoJo's-look-in-Disaster day.

  A little reminder before I start: the look I did might not exactly look like JoJo's since one, we don't have the same face, and two, the makeup products used on her are different from the products I used. I'm just recreating the look, not duplicating it. Oh and also, do forgive my breakout-ful face. It's a teen thing (I guess).

1. Start with a clean face. Or at least I did for this look. You could either do this or put your foundation and concealer before doing this.

2. Apply base. Here I'm using MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly. You can also apply an eye primer first before applying any cream base, especially if you'll wear this makeup for hours.

3. Using a black pencil eyeliner, draw the outline of your wing. You could do this step later if you're already good in balancing winged liners, but if you're like me who's likely to mess up, do this step first. I'm using a Kryolan eyeliner pencil.

4. Lid Shadow. JoJo's look can be described as a dark pin-up look with a pop of color. Use a light brown shadow all over the lid. Any eyeshadow finish can do- except glitter. All the shadows I'll be using are from my NYX Make-Up Artist Kit. I don't know the names of the shadows but if you have something similar or dupes, feel free to use those.

5. Crease Shadow. Use a medium brown shadow for the crease. Don't forget to blend.

6. Dark Outer Corners. Use a dark brown shadow to create dimension.

7. Eyeliner. Go over the outline with a black gel or liquid liner.

8. Pop of Color. Use a moss green shadow and apply it on the lower lashline.

9. Highlight. Use a light shadow and highlight the inner corners and brow bone.

10. Line your eyes. Use a black pencil liner to liner your waterline and to tightline as well. I used MAC's Eye Kohl in Smolder.

11. Apply mascara and lashes. The lashes used on her was full-looking, so I used the full lashes I have. To make this daytime appropriate, use natural or wispy lashes. The mascara I used was Kryolan's Art. 1353: Mascara Color Intensifier.

12. Now's the time to apply foundation, concealer, and powder. Use whatever you have. I used RCMA foundation in the shade KO-5, MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW 30, and Graftobian Powder Foundation in Porcelain Doll.

13. Fill in your brows. I used Prismacolor's Ebony pencil in Jet Black.

14. Blush and a bit of contour. JoJo didn't really have contour in her look but she definitely had blush. Use a baby pink blush on your cheeks. Don't overdo it. As for me, I applied more contour and less blush since, well, I'm a contour girl.

15. Lips. JoJo has a matte nude pink lip color on. Here I used Laura Mercier's lipstick in Sandcastle and I applied gloss on top since I find the lipstick a bit drying.


Final look!

Oh and here's a bonus photo without the lashes and headband:

And here's the Disaster music video:

  Have fun recreating the look and thanks for stopping by!

Oh and I'm wearing China Glaze's "Go Crazy Red" on my nails. I posted a photo of it in my Twitter but in case you missed it (or in case you don't follow me), here it is.


You May Also Like

0 comments