EOTD: Shatter Every Glass House

by - Saturday, June 29, 2013

  I decided to go dark for today's EOTD. The main reason I did this was because I wanted to use an eyeshadow I've always wanted to try: The Body Shop's Mineral eyeshadow in Deep Jade. I've had this for quite a while now but I haven't had the chance to use it until now. I have to say, I think I like it! I initially thought it would be a mess to use considering that it's a loose shadow but nope, all I got was minimal fallout, just like the fallout I get from regular eyeshadows. Plus the gold shimmers in it adds oomph to it, especially when applied. This mineral shadow gets a thumbs-up!

How I did it:
1. I started with a green pencil as lid base. I applied the pencil all over my lid and blended it with my finger.
2. Then I patted Deep Jade all over the lid. Remember not to sweep the shadow as it will be messier and the color will be less intense.
3. I used Buck for my crease and outer lid.
4. I highlighted my brow bone with Virgin, my go-to highlighter.
5. Going back to Deep Jade, I applied the shadow on my lower lid without a base. As you can see, it's less intense which I think balances the heaviness of the upper lid and somewhat brightens the look.
6. I next made a wing liner on my upper lid and I also lined my waterline.
7. I applied mascara on my top and bottom lashes and I put on fake lashes because I was feeling fancy. :P

  Title is from Karmin's "I Told You So". xx

You May Also Like

0 comments