San San Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown

by - Friday, October 25, 2013

 Happy Friday! Here's the last San San shadow I got, Charcoal Brown. And it's gorgeooooooouuuuuus.

 Charcoal Brown was the first shadow I got. I saw the swatches of it online and I fell in love! Charcoal Brown is a metallic brown shadow very a shimmer finish. It belongs to the Smoky Hues group. The shadow looks like a brown version of Urban Decay's Asphalt in a way. The brown shadow is a rich brown, the brown shade you'd have if you combine Warm Copper Fire and Deep Earth Brown together. That brown is then combined with such a lovely silver/gunmetal shimmer shade. Aaaand voila, a gorgeous shadow is born.

Left swatch: dry | Right swatch: wet

Charcoal Brown also reminded me of an Elizabeth Arden shadow I really love: Smoke. It's a buttery deep violet shimmer shadow with a rich brown undertone.
Bottom shadow: Smoke | Last two shadows: Charcoal Brown

Eye products used: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Charcoal Brown on the lid, Sleek shadow in Cappuccino for blending/crease.

Because it's a shimmer shade, blending was a breeze. The eyeshadow is very buttery just like Urban Decay shadows and it's opaque as well. Can you believe you can get such a lovely color for only 50php? That's craaaaaaay!!

Further thoughts about the San San eyeshadow line:
I think it's really nice to find affordable eyeshadows locally. Most of the single shadows I see cost around 60php and up and not all of those colors are as pigmented as the San San ones and the pans aren't that big too. I also like the fact that the line includes mattes. Out of the four groups, I don't really like the Candy Pastels because in my eyes the shadows are all shimmer/glitter and less color. If you like color, go for the ones in the Jewel Colours group. All in all I think San San's shadow line is really good and it doesn't hurt the wallet that much either. 

PS. I am not affiliated with HBC/San San. I purchased the three shadows with my own money. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments