Cheeky Coral: Vice Cosmetics Dew It All Liquid Blush in Always Fresh

by - Monday, April 29, 2024

 


I dew!

    Okay, I'll admit it: I have a growing obsession with liquid blushes. It admittedly took me a while to figure them out and what brushes best to use with them but now that I sorta kinda do, they're my go-to cheek products now. I just love how easy they are to blend out (and when in doubt, use a blender sponge), how they can look skin-like, and depending on the finish, how they can last for hours. I love myself some self-setting liquid blushes (which are most of the time matte) but nowadays, I'm into dewy blushes because of this product I'm about to share!


    Vice Cosmetics' Dew It All Liquid Blushes are multi-purpose long-wear dew blushes that "can do it all for you". These creamy liquid blushes apparently blend well on the skin and offer a natural flush since they have a dewy finish. These blushes can be used on the lids, cheeks, and lips.

    Each Dew It All Liquid Blush contains 5.5ml of product and retails for ₱245.


    The Dew It All Liquid Blushes come in 4 shades: Always Sweet (a baby pink), Always Vibin' (a rosy red), Always Blushin' (a candy pink), and the one I'll talk about today, Always Fresh (a muted coral).

    I was immediately drawn to the shade Always Fresh because it was the least pink of the 4 shades. Personally, I feel like browns and peaches suit my skintone better than pinks and reds and Always Fresh looks like the perfect shade! I like that it's muted and has a nude tone to it that just balances the coral tone. Such a lovely shade for everyday!

    When it comes to opacity, I'd say Always Fresh has a medium but buildable coverage. You can get away with just one dot if you want a wash of color on the cheeks but you can layer it so you'll get a brighter, more noticeable flush. 


    Texture-wise, the Dew It All Liquid Blush has a thin, but not runny, consistency that spreads and blends easily. This product is a dream to blend out, especially on the cheeks, because it's creamy enough that it doesn't drag, and the more you blend it out, the more natural and skin-like it looks on the skin. It also doesn't feel too slippery as it sets a bit on the cheeks, letting you build it up without lifting any products underneath.

    In comparison to my other liquid blushes (which isn't a lot, to be honest):

-Colourette's Colourtints are thinner and more slippery (as they're oil-based) and pretty much sets in place immediately;

-Dazzle Me's Heart Melt Liquid Blushes are as fluid as the Dew It All blushes but feel a little bit thicker and creamier. 

-GRWM'S Creamy Tints (the ones in the old packaging anyway) feel creamier and has less of a "liquidy" texture



    True to its name, the Dew It All Liquid Blush has a dewy finish that I'm just obsessed with! I used to be a matte liquid/cream blush girlie but now I just love how dewy blushes make the skin look glowy and youthful. This blush in particular blends into the skin seamlessly, leaving you with a nice dewy finish, and since it's not matte, it doesn't feel drying as well. However, since it's a dewy blush, you'll need to set it with a powder if you want it to last. When left alone, it doesn't really dry down and has the tendency to smear and smudge so powdering it down is the only way to set it in place. I personally think this because setting it means dulling and taking away that dewy finish I love but I'm afraid this is the only way to ensure its longevity.



Dew It All is marketed as a multi-use product so let me break it down per area okay?

    On the eyes, Always Fresh can be a nice base to pretty much any eye look. Since it has a skin-tone color, you can use this as a base to amplify any eyeshadow, matte or shimmery or glittery. Unfortunately, you cannot use this product on its own because no matter how much you blend it out, it will inevitably crease.

    I bought this product specifically as a blush and I just love how it looks on my skin! It's muted coral shade really complements my skintone and brightens my overall look. I've said before that you need to set this to make it stay but if you love it as is like I do, I "set" my cheeks by either spraying it with a setting spray or with a light dusting of my face powder (honestly, sometimes I don't even bother setting it at all). However, I highly recommend powdering it, especially nowadays when it's so hot and humid!

    I have to admit that it's not my favorite lip color on me. It's quite pale on my lips and it's a lip color I'm not into. A fix I could do with it is layer it on top of a deep brown or coral lip liner or use it as the lighter shade of a gradient lip.


Here's Always Fresh on my cheeks alone on a look I did with my other makeup products. Look at that dewy finish!:


    Overall, Dew It All's Always Fresh is a yes for me because I just love its dewy finish, how skin-like it is, and how easy it is to blend and use. I like that it has quite enough pigment that I can use a little of it but I can still build it up for it to pop more. The color of Always Fresh is also so, so beautiful! It does, indeed, make my skin and overall look look fresh! However, I do need to acknowledge its con: it doesn't set. I still need to powder it down for it to stay on my cheeks, which in turn removes the dewy look- bummer! The pros still outweigh that one con in my eyes though, making this blush STILL my favorite and go-to liquid blush to date!



    


You May Also Like

0 comments