EB Advance Eyebrow & Concealer in Ash Blonde

by - Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hello! Today I have an eyebrow product which I bought several days before Christmas '13. I didn't really buy it for me to use it as a brow pencil; I just bought it for the concealer end as I was looking for a waterline brightener at that time. But I figured I might as well try the brow end and see how it fares.

The pencil is obviously double-ended: the brow pencil at one end and the concealer at the other. 

This is the brow end. Ash Blonde is a dark brown shade, similar to the color burnt sienna, when swatched but when smudged, it turns into a light-medium reddish brown, similar to the color chestnut.

This is the concealer. It's a light color with a yellow undertone. I personally find this a bit hard to use as an undereye concealer although I think this is better as spot concealer. I've used this on my waterline on some of my EOTD posts particularly here and here.

And this is how it looks on me. What I did was randomly and sparsely applied the pencil on my brows then smudge it using a brow brush. After that I just built it up by adding little product then brushing it until I got the shade I wanted.

Good Side
I was surprised at how manageable this product is. It was very creamy but it spreads out quickly. It sheers out when brushed or smudged which I think is good as it gives you the chance to build it up according to how dark you want your brows to be. The brow end was really good to work with, it's unbelievable. The concealer end was amazingly subtle and yet it did a decent job at highlighting and cleaning up the edges. I just can't believe how workable this product is.

Bad Side
I found that this product doesn't set. It doesn't dry up and stay in place for the rest of the day. It still has to be set with a brow powder for it to last longe. Also, it can be easily smudged so you really have to be careful when touching your face, especially the brow area. Because it spreads out quickly when brushed, it has the tendency to lighten/moved/erased easily too. Achieving the shade you want may take a while and patience is key when applying this.

Overall, I give this a 3/5. For the price (Php 75.00), this is quite a good buy for those who are on a budget and also you get two products in one. Personally, I wouldn't wear this  just because I don't think Ash Blonde goes well with my black hair...and I don't really like using a light brown shade on my brows. However, this is perfect for those who have brown hair, or any hair color that isn't black. But definitely give this pencil (or this shade or the other available shades. Yes, there are other shades and there's also a pink based concealer) a try if you're looking for a good brow pencil that's affordable and easily available. Or if you're like me who isn't obsessed with filling eyebrows, go try the concealer end as a highlight, waterline liner, or spot concealer.

You May Also Like

0 comments