Home from SG; First Haul of 2014!

by - Monday, January 20, 2014

It's good to be back! After one month long stay in Singapore, a sleep-deprived zombie back last Friday. Remind me not to book an early morning flight ever again. Argh. Anyway, after unpacking 30% of my luggage, I decided to do a haul post since I have a considerable amount of purchased beauty products from my trip. ;)

Before I start, can I just say how insane it was (well, still is) in Singapore? Sales were everywhere, from clothing to beauty to food...all because CNY is coming up. So yes, I love you, CNY!

From the essence counter (in Watsons Plaza Singapura), I picked up 5 (technically 6) items. The nail polishes I got are the new Colour & Go polish with the sparkle sand effect in 165 Here's My Number and 156 Me & My Lover. I'm assuming this is the type of finish that feels gritty and rough so I'm excited to try them out. I also got the French manicure brush which supposedly helps in creating french tips and moon manicure. So excited to use this as I've never tried anything like this before, although I'm pretty sure I'll have a rough time using this with my left hand. :)) I also got the Match 2 Cover cream concealer and a new lippie, a Longlasting Lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty. (Prior to getting Natural Beauty, I got a lip color that's bolder, 04 On The Catwalk! Review here.)

When I went to Guardian Plus in Takashimaya, I grabbed three products from Catrice (fun fact: Catrice is a sister company of essence!). The very first one the got me so excited and all over the place was the Made to Stay Inside Eye Highlighter Pen (ain't that a mouthful). This is similar to concealer pens where you apply this on your waterline to brighten and open your eyes. I first found this in a video of NikkieTutorials and I was so impressed at how it opened her eyes and how it looks more natural compared to a white eyeliner. I will be reviewing this, don't worry! :) The next item is the Eye Brow Stylist in 030 Brow-n-eyed Peas. Wanted to experiment more on brow pencils, especially on myself, as I still haven't found the right shade that will go well with my black hair. The last one is a nail polish (surprise, surprise) which I would not have gotten if it weren't for sale. But since it is, I got it. It's the Ultimate Nail Lacquer in 07 Genius In The Bottle. OMG you guys, I was mesmerized the second I picked it up! O.O

I went to Sasa too and managed to get three items. The first one is a sample sized Biore Eye & Lip Makeup Remover. Looking forward to testing this as I want to compare it to the Bifesta Cleansing Lotion. The other two products are the Sasatinnie False Lashes Selection in 03 Sexy and 08 Fantasy which were on sale- buy one, take one. Can you believe I got two for only S$4.50? :O 

Last items I got were from good ol' Daiso. I got my favorite Cotton Puffs. I absolutely love this particular cotton puffs. They're quite thick so they don't break easily plus two boxes for the price of one? Hell yes! The other purchase is a bottle of Detergent of Puff and Sponge. I always use this to clean my sponges and puffs, and it's also quite effective for cream-applying brushes: foundation, concealer, eyeliner, and lip. Quite potent so removing cream products is a breeze. :D

And that's it! Overall, I think I was able to get good products to try out. Looking forward to the nail polishes, especially Genius In The Bottle, and the French manicure brush. Oh and before I forget...
New brushes!!!!!! I finally have the 217 and 266! They were given to me by my sister last Christmas and I can't wait to use them. Oh 217, I'm so looking forward to our future blending adventures! ♥.


You May Also Like

0 comments