EOTD: Hold That Stare

by - Monday, March 09, 2015


You know those days when you suddenly think "Today's a really good day to use anything gold in my eye!"? Yeah, I feel you. I feel like gold is something I rarely use nowadays due to the strong pull of my neutral (read: brown) palettes and shadows. I remember being obsessed with Urban Decay's Half Baked! I think that was my default lid color during my beauty school days. Gold was my go-to shade then, methinks.

While I was rummaging through my makeup kit, I reopened my little box of pigments. The first pigment that caught my eye was NYX Hard Core. It's a gorgeous aquamarine/blue-green pigment with tiny flecks of gold. Ahh, pretty! I then decided to whip out my Catrice gold pencil and got to work.

First things first: pat that transition color down! I used my ever favorite UD Freestyle (not included in swatch pic) on my crease just to make everything blend better, Next, I lightly shaded my crease with MAC Folie. I wanted a light warm haze on my crease to ground all the colors I'll put on next. On my lid, I roughly filled it halfway with the Catrice Precision Eye Pencil in Gold Me Tight! then smudged it out all over until just before the crease. This will act as the base of the pigment, NYX Hard Core which I patted on top of the gold base to avoid a shitload of fallout. Going back to the gold pencil, I created a winged liner before lightly lining the eye with a black gel liner. Fore the lower lashline, I applied Folie once more; this step is optional. Highlighted my brow bone with UD Kinky, applied some mascara on my top and bottom lashes and I'm done.

This look actually reminds me of an EOTD I did last year but that's heavier, almost a bit Arabic/Egyptian. Don't ask me why but I always think that a gold/black liner is always a good idea. Maybe because it makes me feel Cleopatra-ish, Or maybe it's just because it's so damn pretteh to look at.

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Folie (crease; lower lashline)
Catrice Precision Eye Pencil in 090 Gold Me Tight! (lid, smudged; liner)
NYX Dramatic Chromatic Eyeshadow Pigment in 05 Hard Core (lid)
Urban Decay Foxy (brow bone highlight)
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes


You May Also Like

0 comments