An Everyday Shade: Fanny Serrano Single Eyeshadow in Mocha Java

by - Friday, March 06, 2015

This is my second single eyeshadow purchase this year and I'm loving it.

If my previous single shadow purchase was a bit too bold, then this recent purchase of mine is a bit laid back. I found this shade when I checked out the Fanny Serrano stall and when I saw it, I knew I had to get it pronto. What can I say, I love me some neutrals. 

Before I blab about the shadow, let me talk about the packaging first. I am absolutely loving the packaging of the FS single shadows because they're sleek and quite sturdy. The lid snaps shut snugly and the case isn't flimsy at all. The pan that holds the shadow can be pushed from the back so that you can put it on an FS quad or on a Z palette-like container. But honestly, I wouldn't bother purchasing a quad because I am obsessed with their single shadow containers. Ahh, so good.

I got this shade because I had nothing like it. I know right? I have a number of palettes but nothing has this color. Mocha Java is a taupe pink satin shadow...or a pink with brown undertone. Yeah, I'm still working on the color description. :)) But hopefully you get what I mean. Most of the brown shadows I have are either pure brown, taupe, sinopia, or rust; nothing with a hint of pink. 

That blurry swatch photo tho. It might be blurry but I friggin love this shade, I kid you not. Because it has a satin finish, it's really easy to blend it out. It's really smooth and I experienced zero fallout. I can imagine it in a one-shadow EOTD or as a crease shade on an everyday eye...it's such a versatile shadow and I'm SO glad I have this in my kit.

An FS single shadow is 4 grams each which is a lot of product. Definitely worth the price! It's also easy to get a hold of- just look for any Fanny Serrano stall and you're set. There are still a few interesting shades I think I'm gonna get, particularly that nice brick shade. Hmm, we'll see. ;)

I used this shadow in a previous EOTD but in case you missed that, here's a photo of the look:


You May Also Like

2 comments