Nail of the Week: The Face Shop Wide Nails in GR503

by - Tuesday, July 28, 2015


I feel like green polishes are so underrated and underused. Some people think green looks tacky and weird but I totally disagree. While I love my dark polish hues, I sometimes like to wear bright and colorful polishes, and in this case, the a green polish. My love for green polishes go way back when I was 12 or 13. I got this semi-opaque light Kelly green shade just because and whaddya know, I absolutely loved it. Now that I'm older, let me share a green polish that's right up my alley.

Here I'm wearing The Face Shop Wide Nails in GR503. It's such a gorgeous shade of green, don't you think? It's this rich, deep, almost snake-like green amped up by subtle shimmer. GR503 isn't a tacky green- it's a wearable pop of color on the nails. Every time I look at my nails, I always get this villainous vibe. Think Poison Ivy or Darna's Valentina!


Formula's the same as the PP402: a bit on the thick side but glides smoothly and evenly. On coat isn't opaque so you definitely have to go for a second one. I also feel like this one goes on more evenly than PP402. The brush is different from PP402 though. Where PP402 has an angled brush, GR503 has a round-tipped paddle brush. Application's still okay but using an angled brush is definitely easier.

Here's a side-by-side pic of the GR503 and my other green polish, OPI Cuckoo For This Color. At first I thought they're similar in color but as you can see, they aren't. GR503 is a rich forest green while Cuckoo For This Color leans more on the blue side, thanks to the blue shimmers incorporated in it. It's nice to know I have two options of green polish in my stash. (Read: no need to let go of any polishes! Yay!)

I wish more companies would sell green polishes. Not tacky shades but somewhat like the GR503. It's nice to have something other than nudes, reds, pinks, and blues, you know. As for the GR503, I, 100%, think it's a keeper. 


You May Also Like

0 comments