Happy International Lipstick Day!

by - Wednesday, July 29, 2015

LIPPIES! LIPPIES ALL DAY!

Time to bust out your lippies cause today's the best time to do it! It's nice to know there's a certain day dedicated to the one product that can instantly add brightness and color to our face: lipstick! I'm certainly celebrating; I'm sporting a dark plum lippie as I type this! There are a lot of lipstick shades out there to choose from, from reds to pinks to nudes to extreme colors, as well as lipstick finishes that range from matte to frost to satin to sheer. There's everything for everybody and it's freaking fantastic.

Here's a list of posts where I featured different lip products. It's for those who'd fancy some light reading, those who are looking for a review, an inspo, swatches, and just for those who are looking for a lip product to purchase today. :)

Lipsticks:
Apparently, I don't blog much about proper lipsticks here so I only have a few (boohoo!). Anyway, let's start with reds! If you can remember, I did a Lipstick Week series where I featured 3 lippies (lol Lipstick Week but I only blogged thrice) and all are different shades of red. I've got a plummy red, L'Oreal Intense Plum, which I find myself reaching for these past few days; the red-orange lippie in my Cosmoprof palette; and Elizabeth Arden Geranium Shimmer, a red/pink/copper shade.

I also featured two essence lipsticks. First I have On the Catwalk!, a lovely semi-opaque lippie that's a cross between a pink and a red. The second lipstick is my all day, everyday lipstick, Natural Beauty, a lovely cool (violet undertoned?) orchid-ish pink that looks lovely with my skintone. I love it so much I'm currently on my second tube!

Last is a dark plum, the lipstick I'm currently wearing while typing this lol. It's Suesh's Queen of the Night. It's not the best lipstick out there but it's the kind of shade I like wearing at home haha!

Lip Liners:
For this category I have three (four, technically): a nude, a red, and two plums. I shared the lipliner that's lovely for a Kylie Jenner-esque look, the Elizabeth Arden liner in Taupe. My red's a twist-up type, Guerlain Iris Noir, a lingonberry shade. The plums are both from LA Colors. The first one is Smooth Plum, a dark berry red, and the second one's Deepest Purple, deep brown red. 

Lip Gloss:
Only have one in this department: L'Oreal Apricot Sparkle, an orange-pink with a lil bit of red shimmery gloss.

Balms:
If you're a fan of tinted lip balms, I reviewed one before: Maybelline's Baby Lips in Berry Crush, a sheer red that's perfect for red lippie newbies. For clear balms, I have a liquid type, the Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine that feels and tastes great, and a waxy/jelly type balm, Spa Paradisa Lip Butter in Sweet Coconut, Smells awesome, good in moisturizing, and has such cute packaging.


Happy reading!

You May Also Like

0 comments