Trying a Pen-Type Concealer: essence Stay Natural Concealer in 04 Soft Honey

by - Monday, July 13, 2015

The most popular pen-type face product in the beauty world is, no doubt, the YSL Touche Eclat. I remember seeing all the YouTube beauty gurus I follow use this product like there's no tomorrow. Although, now that I read the description of the Touche Eclat, it's really more of a highlighter than a concealer. Now, not all of us can afford such a nice but high-priced product, yeah?

To be honest, I never really reach for liquid concealers. But I just had to make an exception when I saw essence's Stay Natural Concealer because 1). it reminded me of the Touche Eclat, and 2). it was on sale. Really, how could I say no to something that was below 100php?


The shade I got was 04 Soft Honey. Noticeably, it's around a shade lighter than my skintone. If I had a choice, I'd go for 05 but unfortunately, it was out of stock. Anyway, Soft Honey has a nice yellow undertone, perfect for highlighting. I think this shade would be a nice concealer to those with fair skintones and a nice highlighter for those with olive skintones.
The formula is quite nice, surprisingly. It's neither too thick nor too thin and it's really easy to blend out with either your fingers, brushes, or a beauty blender. In terms of coverage, it's quite sheer. It didn't really cover my dark circles, which is a bummer because I mainly use concealers to hide the buggers. :)) It could slightly hide small imperfections but don't expect much when you want to conceal bigger ones.

However, as a highlighter, it's nice. Again, this is for olive skintones/morenas. It's not too bright on the skin but still manages to add light on areas. It's really nice on the browbone, cheekbones, and nose bridge. Oh, and it's matte too so no need to worry about looking like a disco ball. :)

Brush view. The brush is really soft. It is not scratchy and not too flimsy.

Overall, the Stay Natural Concealer was a good buy. I'd recommend it to those who want a natural highlight on their face and to those with minimal imperfections. This isn't the most long-wearing, waterproof product out there so I really recommend setting it with powder. Other than that, I think this is a nice product for everyday use, as it gives a natural highlight on the skin.


You May Also Like

0 comments