EOTD: Just Passing Through

by - Monday, May 02, 2016


Hello, Monday! I'm back at EOTD-ing again haha!

I made this look today mainly for my next review post (coming up either Wed or Thurs!). It's an eyeshadow review and whenever I do a shadow review, I make sure I at least show how it looks on the eye and not just settle on a swipe swatch. At first I was just gunning for a light, summery, pastel-y kind of look because of the shadow's vibe but well, things happen. #wingingit

After applying primer, I went straight to the crease. Using my handy Cosmoprof palette, I used the more intense pink matte shade and slowly built the intensity on the crease. I didn't want it to be super intense, I want it bright enough to be seen against my skin. After building it up, I went on to the matte orange shade and lightly applied it on the lid. This will be the base of the next shadow, the OR202. I opted to use a shadow base instead of a cream base because using a cream will just mess up my crease, plus I'll be intensifying OR202 afterwards anyway. After applying a wash of OR202, I then proceeded to foil it by spraying MAC Fix+ on my loaded brush. I touched up my crease after the lid work then combined the pink and orange to add a bit of warmth. 

Next up is the lower lashline. I first wanted a light shade of green to go with this but thought that Loaded will be better just so this won't look too...comical? I feel like a dark shadow grounds pastel/colorful looks, you know? So I applied Loaded on the lower lashline and blended the edges out. I applied the same shadow as liner. Fun fact/fail: I planned to do a petal/scallop liner but daaaamn, I didn't anticipate how challenging that was! I mean, sure I can do it- if I cover half of my lid, that is! I didn't want to cover my lid because I need to show off OR202 for swatches and I really can't do that if I draw such huge liner. So I skipped the petal idea and just repaired it to become a wing. Ahh, the joys of planless looks. :)) Oh, and if my waterline looks, lined, it is...sort of. I just applied Loaded on a small detail brush, sprayed some Fix+ then lined my lids. All that trouble just cause I wasn't in the mood to get my eyeliner in the next room. :P

Mascara here, brows there and that's pretty much the look for today. Falsies would look b0mb with this look, me think so. If you want a more daytime look, you can just skip Loaded on the lower lashline and waterline and just proceed to liner. You can always smoke out the lower lashline when needed, no?

Hope you enjoy reading my ramblings and I hope this look gives you inspo for you next look. See you on my next post!

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Cosmoprof Pink shadow (crease)
Cosmoprof Orange shadow (lid)
The Face Shop shadow in OR202 (lid)
Urban Decay shadow in Loaded (liner; lower lashline)
essence All Eyes On Me Waterproof mascara



You May Also Like

0 comments