Peach Perfect: The Face Shop ME:EX Eyes in OR202

by - Wednesday, May 04, 2016

It's pweety. :)


I don't know about you but I'm in the mood for a little shadow play! It's been a long while since I last featured an eyeshadow so today, I'll be blogging one! I've had this shadow sitting in my makeup box for so long, mainly because I was still thinking whether to keep it for myself or reserve it as a gift to others. But hohoho guess you know which direction I went! :))

I have here The Face Shop's Lovely Me:Ex Eyes in OR202. This shadow is part of the OR202 line and the same shade is available in nail polish, blush, and lip gloss forms. Packaging-wise, the product is contained in a white plastic compact. The lock is very secure and overall, it's lightweight. The shadow pan is detachable. It's like depotting, only this is way easier to remove since it just pops out, but only when you do the detaching. It's snug so it'll stay put inside the compact even if you opt not to transfer it to The Face Shop's freeform palette, although I'm not sure if that's still available. Although if you drop it, the pan will separate. (Trust me I should know!)


OR202 is a nice shimmery peach shade, although to be honest, I thought it was more of a proper semi-opaque orange shadow. I mean, just look at it in the pan. It looks more orange than peach, right? But upon swatching it, it's really more of a neutral peach shade. Payoff isn't as intense as, say, Urban Decay or Makeup Geek shadows; OR202 is subtle color-wise but packs a punch in the shimmer department. Shimmer leans on the silver spectrum, as do the loose glitters. 

I thought I wouldn't be a fan of this shadow because I like my shadows opaque.. But hey, whaddayaknow, I actually ended up liking it! It's a really nice shadow to wash on the lids. It brings light to the eyes without making the user look like a freaking disco ball at 8 in the morning. This makes wearing glitter in the morning more acceptable haha! The texture of this shadow isn't too bad as well. It has a smooth, albeit not buttery, finish. This shadow has a very Eastern vibe. Very Korean, if I must say so myself.


Here's OR202 in action! In this EOTD, I used the shadow on top of a sheer wash of a matte orange shadow and foiled it afterwards as well. It's such a nice lid color, whether on a heavy look or an everyday one. If you opt to use this for a more lowkey look, you can use it on the lids (it's up to you whether to foil it or not), apply a nice neutral brown shade on the crease, then line your eyes. Hell, you can even do it the K-beauty way by applying it on the lower lashline! It's such a nice everyday shade and a nice break from the usual neutrals.

I really like this shadow and I'll definitely use it more in future looks! This shadow made me realize that peachy and orange shadows are wearable and instead of ignoring them, I should experiment with them more. Here's to adding this shadow to my arsenal of neutral shades! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments