The Everyday Sunscreen: Luxe Organix Aqua Daily Sunscreen

by - Thursday, March 17, 2022

 


A must-have for summer '22.

Since it's officially the dry, humid, and sunny season here in the Philippines, I thought I'd buy myself a good sunscreen that's good for both face and body. I wanted to try something new so I dropped by Watsons last Sunday and while perusing the sunscreen aisle, this product caught my attention. I've heard good reviews about this product in Facebook and Shopee so I figured that now's the best time to try it out.


I'm talking about Luxe Organix's Aqua Daily Sunscreen, an "aqua rich, lightweight and water resistant sunscreen provides broad spectrum protection with  SPF50+PA for UVA and UVB. It's quick absorbing and non greasy formulation makes it perfect for everyday use and even suitable for sensitive skin. Made with additional benefits of aloe vera extract to keep skin supple and hydrated throughout the day!"

This product is also alcohol and paraben free. It retails for ₱349.

(PS. Oh, and I also I got a free full-size tube of the Ultimate Defense Tinted Sunscreen in the shade Tan because it was bundled with the sunscreen. I actually tested it out the other day and while I think Tan might be a bit deep on my skintone, the formula itself is pretty impressive. I'll be reviewing that one in depth so stay tuned for that!)


I usually write product reviews after I've tested and used the product for a week but with this one, I knew I had to review it after only 2 days because this product is just EVERYTHING. First of all, let's talk formula. Since I didn't really research this product in depth before purchasing it, I thought that it would have a similar formula to the Beaubelle Solar Defense Fluid but when I pumped out the product, I was pleasantly thrown off with what came out. Instead of having the usual milky white liquid most sunscreens have, Aqua Daily Sunscreen's formula reminds me of a water-based/gel moisturizer that's thin and lightweight. Like, no joke, I was shook. The formula's so true to its name because not only is it lightweight, it's also quite hydrating too.

Just like a water-based/gel moisturizer, this sunscreen applies smoothly on the skin and it also gets absorbed pretty easily. It doesn't have that liquid-to-powder type of formula so you don't have the feeling of matteness afterwards and it also doesn't leave a film on the skin that feels greasy or sticky. Again, just like a moisturizer! I also love that it doesn't feel hot and heavy on the skin- one thing I hate with other sunscreens. It feels so fresh on the skin, I forgot for a second that it was sunscreen!


Secondly, I am obsessed with the smell of this sunscreen. It doesn't have the strong sunblock smell (if you know, you know); instead it has this really fresh smell to it, thanks to the aloe vera, and the calendula and centella asiatica extracts. The scent's just very refreshing to the senses and I feel like even if you're not a big fan of fragrances, you'd like this one.

I love using this on my body as well, especially on my neck and arms, aka the areas that are hit by the sun the most. Again, it feels like I'm just applying lotion that's absorbed easily on the skin. This sunscreen is great on the go because all I do is pump some product on my hands, apply it haphazardly on my skin, and that's it, I'm out the door feeling pretty protected from the sun's harmful rays without feeling hot and sticky.

Overall, I think I found my new go-to sunscreen! It has everything I want in a sunscreen: lightweight, high SPF, no white cast, and locally available. I probably will get a separate sunblock for swimming (the Aqua Daily Sunscreen is only water-resistant, not waterproof) but for everyday use, this is pretty good! So glad I went ahead and tried this because I finally know now what the hype is all about!

You May Also Like

0 comments