Feathery Strokes: Kris Brow Liner and Brow Mascara in Beyond Brown

by - Friday, September 27, 2019


Easy brows.

It has been a hot minute since I last purchased some goodies for the brows. Recently I've just been using one (1!!) brow product: my ever fave, essence cosmetics Make Me Brow Gel Mascara. I love using it because it's so fool-proof and gives me an everyday feathery brow that lasts for hours. The shade Browny Brows just matches my black hair perfectly and it doesn't make my brows look too stark. That brow mascara is my everything and just makes me well groomed in a very subtle manner.


As much as I love that product, I feel like it's on its last legs already. It's becoming a bit crumbly and the mascara wand isn't depositing ample product anymore. So as much as I love it, I need to accept that I have to replace it soon. I considered buying another tube but I feel like I need to try out new ones in the market. I can always go back to it if all else fails, you know?


So here's me trying out a new brow product (or rather, looking for a close replacement for the Make Me Brow Gel). This one is the Kris Brow Liner and Brow Mascara. This is actually part of the collab between Queen of All Media Kris Aquino and well known local brand Ever Bilena. This isn't a new release; I'm just late to the party. But in all fairness, I've heard and read good reviews/raves about this collab line so I knew that this brow product would somewhat be good.

So as you can see, this is a 2-in-1 type of product. You have a retractable brow liner on one end and a brow mascara on the other. I usually stay away from brow pencil-type of products (I usually opt for brow powders) but when I saw that it's a triangle-shaped retractable pencil, I knew I had to least try it.


There are two shades available: Happy Taupe and Beyond Brown. I opted for Beyond Brown because it suits my dark hair better. As you can see from the swatch photo above, the brow liner has a light neutral brown shade and the brow mascara has a richer chocolate brown shade with a very slight warm undertone, at least when compared to the liner.

The brow liner (0.16g) is so unlike the old school brow pencils. This one isn't creamy or waxy; it's a bit hard and doesn't have an opaque payoff in one swipe. And honestly, that's the thing I love about it- the fact that it's buildable. You don't need to worry about being heavy-handed with it because you couldn't even if you tried. No need to worry about ending up with a pair of block brows because you won't achieve that with this product. The brow liner will give you more of a natural filled-in look without looking too stark. It also blends easily and beautifully. The brow liner also has a triangle-shaped body/product which makes drawing hair-like strands easier and faster, as well as filling in. It's really a nice and fuss-free product for a brow pencil amateur like me to use. 

The brow mascara (2.3g) is equally good. The brow spoolie is small (smaller than my Make Me Brow Gel!) so it easily coats every brow hair. I can easily achieve my everyday feathery brow look with this product. The color isn't the same as compared to Make Me Brow (this one's definitely warmer) but once on the brows, it looks more like a neutral brown and the warmth of the shade is barely there. The brow mascara doesn't make my brows crunchy either and it lasts for a good number of hours.


Here are some photos of me wearing the brow liner and brow mascara:

I love how this duo makes my brows look naturally filled in. The brow liner doesn't look shiny and waxy and the brow mascara just holds my brow hairs in place and gives dimension as well. Some may think that the shade may look a bit lighter or considerably browner against my dark hair but honestly, that's my jam. I like wearing dark or deep brown shades on my brows because I feel like those shades complement my already dark brow hair. Grays don't really work well with me, I'm afraid, so I just go with cool toned dark browns most of the time. But a little warmth can't hurt too.

Overall, this brow product's a real good one. It's easy to use, easy to blend out, and gives a natural fill to the brows. If there's one fault to this product, I'd say it would be the lack of a spoolie. A clean spoolie to brush out the product would be great because let's face it, you can't really use the brow mascara to do that job. The lack of a clean spoolie brush is what's missing but hey, you can always use the one you already have in your collection, right? So yeah, there's my two cents on this.

I'm really glad I got this and I can't wait to use the hell out of it. Yay for a new brow product!

You May Also Like

0 comments