Quick and Easy: essence Make Me Brow Gel Mascara in 02 Browny Brows

by - Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Brush em up, up, up.


Hello everyone! First off, so freaking sorry for not updating since...July? To be honest, I just fell out of love from blogging and beauty. I was starting to get stuck in a rut, and the feeling and idea of being so repetitive began creeping in that producing blog posts started to get stressful. I just didn't know what to do anymore so I decided to take a breather and come back once I find that passion again. And, well, I'm sorta kinda back, with the new year inspiring me and showering me with energy and good vibes and all that. 

Anyway, as a welcome post, I decided to share a product I quite enjoyed (and still enjoying) during my trip in SG. You know I'm not a big user of bases (or face products) on a daily basis but I do quite enjoy a bit of brow action. I love thick yet shaped brows but I'm not a big fan of spending a lot of time perfecting them so I really appreciate products that can do what I'm trying to achieve in a jiffy.


The essence Make Me Brow is quite a surprise and such good product to use on a daily basis. First off, how cute is it? It's definitely smaller than my NARS brow gel, making it more travel friendly since it doesn't take up a lot of space. It actually reminds me of Benefit's Gimme Brow, as they're both small and well, brown. Its applicator is one I absolutely like. It's the perfect size to use on the brows because a small spoolie brush gives you more control. I also find that it doesn't load up on product that much so you don't end up with a ton on your brows upon first application. It's your standard spoolie brush but it isn't scratchy at all.


I got it in 02 Browny Brows, a perfect shade for someone like me who has black brows. I tend to go for browns on my brows and not grays or black because i find that the right shade of brown makes my brows look fuller without looking too deep that I look like I got some beauty tips from an Angry Bird. I like cool toned browns the most.  Browny brown is a cool, almost bordering on neutral, tone. This shade is a good alternative to black as this isn't as harsh.



Consistency of the product is quite thin but not runny. It feels less creamy and more watery, if compared to the Nars brow gel. (Sorry if I keep comparing this to the Nars brow gel. That's the only tinted brow mascara I have other than this as the others are clear.) Its thin consistency isn't a big issue really. I find that this is easier to apply than a creamy one since it spreads easily and doesn't clump up the brow hairs.

Since I like spiked up brows, this product is perfect for me since it brushes the hairs up while also adding fullness and definition. It won't give you that carved out Instagram brows but if you're more into texture, you'll like this. It actually sets pretty well, too. It doesn't give my brows that crunchy and stiff feel but it still manages to keep the brow hairs in place for hours. It also feels very lightweight to the point where I forget that I even have it on.

Bare


With product

Here's another thing I like about it: it's so easy to remove. I mean, if you have it on your brows and it dries, it won't budge. But if you get your brows wet and you rub it, that when it comes off easily. No need to use heavy makeup removers to get rid of it. I know this can be an issue to some, but not really to me since I don't fiddle with my brows once I put product on it. I try to be careful around the brow area as much as I can, though, especially when I need to wipe away sweat or any liquid really.

Overall, this was a pretty good purchase. I like how this product tames my brows while also giving me texture. It gives me definition without looking too defined and gives me volume without looking too much. It's also easy to use and it doesn't look too overboard even when I apply too much product. Color's on point, too. If you have naturally full brows and you want to tame them or you want to neaten them up without loading on too much product, I recommend checking this out.

You May Also Like

0 comments