Bold and Heavenly: Colourpop Lux Lipstick in Angel City

by - Wednesday, November 20, 2019


Pink pop.

First off, I just want to say sorry for posting one lipstick post after the other. It's just that I have a lot of lippies in my stash to go through and they're pretty much the only makeup product I consistently wear pretty much everyday. I just love how lipstick can instantly make you look made up and I love how it brightens the face effortlessly. It's a bonus that it's so easy to apply too, to be honest. So yeah, sorry for having a lot of lippie posts but I'm not sorry for being a huge lippie junkie. :)

I'm definitely a bigger fan and user of bullet lipsticks over liquid lipsticks because they're just easier to slap on. I find that I get more obsessed with perfection with liquid lippies, mostly about making sure the lines and edges are crisp and the layers I put on are thin and even. I find that bullet lipsticks are more relaxed and that you can get away with them with a slap dash attitude. It also helps that they don't always require a lip liner.

I've featured Colourpop lippies here before and this completes my current everyday Colourpop bullet trio in my new lippie stash. This one is definitely the boldest, the most popping, and the one I'd reach for in times when IDGAF.


Here I have yet another Lux lipstick, Angel City, one of the 8 lippies on Colourpop's Butterfly Collection. Packaging-wise, it's the same as their usual lippies: rose-gold tube with stars all over, as well as in the lipstick bullet itself. The only difference is the box it comes with. Since Angel City is part of a collection, its box has a butterfly-themed design.


Angel City is described as a dusty berry on the Colourpop site, while it's described as a bright red-plum on Temptalia. Personally, I see it as a warm bright pink-red. I absolutely love Angel City's tone. It's a bright shade but it still manages to be somewhat wearable for pretty much any occasion. It doesn't look too candy or neon-toned but it also doesn't look too toned down and boring. 

(L-R) Colourpop Belle & Colourpop Angel City

At first glance I thought it was the same color as Belle but upon swatching them side by side, it's obvious the Angel City is warmer and brighter.

Formula is just the same as other Lux lipsticks- creamy, rich, opaque, and moisturizing, thanks to the blend of acai, jojoba, and pomegranate seed butters. I didn't experience tugging or skipping as the lipstick is creamy enough to glide smoothly on the lips. I usually don't use any lip liners with Lux lipsticks and so far, I haven't experienced any feathering as well. Lux lipsticks are so comfortable on the lips and while they're not as longlasting as the Ultra Mattes, they hold up pretty well for a bullet formula. They will transfer easily but Lux lippies stain the lips like not other; they're pretty consistent that way. 


I freaking love wearing this color so much. It just brings life to my complexion and it spruces up my look instantly. I love wearing this lippie with an all black outfit or even with just a plain tee and jeans combo. This is exactly what I'm looking for in a lippie: bright and interesting but also complements my skintone. I'll definitely get a lot of wear out of Angel City for sure! (Also, what a nice holiday lip, no?)

You May Also Like

0 comments