Active Recap: Quad XIV

by - Monday, November 18, 2019


14.



Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTLIViVzTk

It's nice to open with a cardio workout, isn't it? This workout is a good one to do if you like a slow start then sudden bursts of cardio throughout the whole routine. I like Anna's workouts because they're not crazy intense; just right to get you moving, sweating, and toned. This is a whole body routine and a blend of cardio and toning moves. I really liked the modifications provided for each move as well. I quite enjoyed this workout and I really appreciate that they've included a nice warm up and cool down stretch.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R7u139SYo4

Just a little burnout round to cap off this leg day. I figured I'd work on other leg parts since I always train glutes by default (growing the booty is always on the top of my priority list). Today I decided to show some love to the inner thighs because it's always either the quads or hamstrings that gets the attention. This is more of a toning routine and lemme tell you, this quick routine will burn your inner thighs even without ankle weights. Seriously, I thought this wouldn't burn but damn it did! It gave me such a good burn that I decided to just go and do it twice through. Such a good ender for this day's session.


Workout duration: around 57 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMvty29qmHg

Just a quick cardio routine to get the body warmer before the "main"/longer workout. I like that this routine doesn't start off with a plyo, rather it starts with lying on the mat! There's only one plyo move (jump squats) and most of the exercises are low impact like squats, glute bridges, and push ups. You'll still get that heart pumping action minus the jumping which is always A-okay with me. This is quite a short routine that can be easily done twice to achieve a 30-minute workout session. Trust me, you'll still get a good sweat afterwards.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLn3xfavAlw

It's still leg day so this is my main workout for this day. I was pleasantly surprised with this routine because it's a legit toning workout that doesn't involve any jumping at all. This is pure toning for the legs, glutes, and thighs and I freaking love it. I also like the use of mini bands and weights for this routine as they added more challenge to the moves. The routine is totally doable for two rounds, I would've if I didn't do the first circuit and if my muscles weren't a bit sore from yesterday's workouts. But yeah, pleasantly surprised with this one and I'd totally recommend if you're on the hunt for a solid lower body toning routine.


Workout duration: around 36 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down not included.




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVxtHBA-RQ

It has been a hot minute since I did a new workout by Karena and Katrina so I'm very very happy that they appeared in PopSugar Fitness! As with their Tone It Up workouts, this routine feels very feminine, like they're really primarily made with women in mind. There's just something very enjoyable with the classes they post and this workout is no different. I love that upper and lower body circuits, and the core circuit burns like heck. The easier version of their single leg deadlift definitely did a number on my hamstrings but it felt damn good!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWShSllV9go

The previous workout included an arm circuit already so I decide to work on a different upper body part- the shoulders. Training shoulders is a new one for me because most of the time I always go for arms and back. This routine maybe just 15 minutes but it's enough to get the shoulders burning, especially when you use a pair of heavy weights. My shoulders and arms were sore the next day, thanks to this routine. Who knew??


Workout duration: around 43 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037LbrttNkc

Sometimes all I want is a long yoga flow routine and that's for this day's session. I've done a good number of vinaya flows in the past but they're a bit hit or miss for me because they're either too gentle or too complicated. This routine made me really happy because it's both gentle and complicated (but not too much really). This flow has a good number of amazing stretches that I absolutely loved doing and just the overall vibe of this flow was just so light and uplifting. Really, really enjoyed this one and I won't mind doing this practice again!



MY TOP WORKOUT IN THIS QUAD:
I have two actually: MADFIT 20 min AT HOME LEG/BUTT/THIGH Workout because it's a real good, real solid lower body workout and LIZETTE POMPA YOGA Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class because it made me feel light and happy and just freaking fantastic.


You May Also Like

0 comments