An Extra Step to Hydration: Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX

by - Wednesday, April 28, 2021

 



Essential hydration.

Back in February, I featured Laneige's Water Bank Gel Cream, my skin rescuer and ultimate skin hydrator. Now I have yet another Laneige product from the same line that I'd like to feature: the Water Bank Essence_EX.

The Water Bank line focuses on hydration and moisturization so this essence pretty much functions the same way as the gel cream. This essence is pretty much an equivalent of a serum, only it has a lighter consistency and less potent concentration and usually used after a toner. But don't sweat it if you don't use toner because I don't and it still works perfectly well.

According to its description online, the Water Bank Essence_EX "infuses the skin with abundant moisture that instantly smoothens the skin for 24 hours; quickly penetrates the skin to relieve dry and repair the skin; and reduces surface dead skin by 50% which in turn makes the skin smoother in texture".

Some of its key ingredients include:

-Hydro Ion Mineral Water (infused with 6 ionized moisturizing minerals that help revive dormant moisturizing genes)

-Quinoa extract (helps protect the skin from dryness and damage)

-Olive squalene (helps reinforce the lipid barrier in the epidermis that retain moisture and smoothen the skin)

-Tillandsia extract (contains betaine that plays a role in hyaluronic acid synthesis in the dermis)


Consistency-wise, it's a teeny tiny bit more fluid than the gel cream; however, both are quite watery and very easy to spread and apply. I love the scent too- fresh and clean and somehow refreshing.

Unsurprisingly, the Water Bank Essence_EX gave my skin a generous amount of hydration. I like how it gets easily absorbed by the skin and doesn't leave a thin film sitting on top. Honestly, I feel very refreshed whenever I apply a thin layer of it on my skin.

Using it on its own is fine but I absolutely love using it before my actual moisturizer. Hydration overload at its best! Layering this essence with a moisturizer just amps up the hydration and makes the skin much more pampered, plump, and supple. So yes, this essence makes a nice partner to moisturizers that aren't that hydrating enough to your liking. I personally love the combo of this essence and the First Aid Beauty Mattifying Gel. I like that this combo gives me double hydration with a matte finish. 

I'm a moisturizer girl through and through so it's nice to be able to try and use serums from time to time. I'd say if serums are a part of your skincare routine and hydration is one of your priorities, then the Water Bank Essence_EX is worth checking out. It is also a nice product to use if you really want to boost up the hydration and moisture of your skin. Would I get a full-size bottle of this product? Probably not, but I'd definitely finish up this travel-sized bottle until its last drop!



You May Also Like

0 comments