My Go-To YT Channels for At-Home Workouts: Part Two

by - Friday, April 30, 2021

 


Sweat on!


Okay so I can't believe that it took me this long to create a Part Two of my fave YT workout channels. Part One was posted back in 2018(!!!) and as you can imagine, a lot has changed since then. While I still fully support the channels in Part One, the list of channels I go to for workouts has expanded and now, I'm going to share the ones I've been loving at the moment! There were only 5 channels in Part One so to make it up and update you guys, I'll be featuring 8 channels here in Part Two and maybe expand the list even further by doing another after a few months. Hope this list helps you in case you're looking for workout channels on Youtube.


1. Sydney Cummings

I discovered Sydney Cummings' channel maybe around the same time I discovered Blogilates or PopSugar fitness but I only did her workouts occasionally because I found them really challenging and advanced from my fitness level. But now, her workouts are everything! When I decided I wanted to do a 28-day challenge, I found her workout playlists really varied and exciting. I started with her 30 Day At-Home Workout Challenge then moved on to her Ignite Program. I am currently doing the Accelerate Program which I'm really loving! What I like about her programs is that you pick what you want to do and not necessarily follow the order of the programs so it gives me the freedom to try past programs without problem. 

Not only are her workouts challenging, Sydney herself is a joy to workout with. She gives really good cues and pep talks which I high appreciate during really intense exercises. Big love to her and her team! Planning to stick to her monthly workouts after I'm done with Accelerate because they're just that good.


2. The Team Plans

The Team Plans channel is by Abby Pollock, another Youtuber whose workouts I like. Her workouts are basically what I did back in December 2020 and I looked forward to every single one of them. Her workouts aren't in any monthly playlist so you can pretty much make your own workout plan with them. The exercises vary from strength-training to cardio and although they aren't relatively as intense as Sydney's, they're great videos to do if you want to get your form down. Her strength-videos are slow paced and more focused on form than intensity, which really helped my transition to Sydney's more challenging workouts. I also love the 20-minute stretches in this channel- they're amazing after intense workouts!


3. Move with Nicole

 Every time I want to do a good, and I mean really good, pilates workout, Move with Nicole is my go-to channel. Her yoga and pilates videos are equal parts relaxing and challenging, perfect for days when I just want something less deathly. I swear, I break out a sweat every time I do a 30-minute pilates workout! I really recommend checking her out if you're into pilates- or even yoga and barre!


4. Dare To Be Active with Dr. LA Thoma Gustin

LA Thoma Gustin is a Doctor of Professional Therapy and if there's one person qualified to do workout videos, it's her. Her videos range cardios to strength-training to stretches great for rehab. I like how she explains the correct postures for each of the exercises like how a doctor of PT would: precise and very informative. Her channel isn't updated that much lately but you can catch her workouts on her IG, where she's more active.   


5. Coach Kel

Coach Kel is my go-to channel when I want a good barre session. Her barre videos are not only challenging and burning, they helped a lot in my flexibility, endurance, and balance all while maintaining some semblance of grace and poise. Barre is a challenging workout, y'all! But I have to admit, barre has done wonders in toning and lengthening my legs so it's worth the burn everytime. Coach Kel's video are a good mix of beginners to advanced but all give you a good sweat sesh.

(PS. I just did her 30-minute Body Sculpt workout and boy did it buuuuuurn!)


6. 1 Workout A Day

This channel is an oldie but a goodie. I discovered this channel maybe around 2019(?) and it's still one of my favorite strength-training and cardio channel. I haven't worked out with her for a while now but I do remember loving her dumbbell circuits and dreading the cardio videos haha! In my defense, June's cardio vids are really challenging and really high impact so I really struggle with them. The weight circuits are really good though. I like that her vids are mostly 30-50 minutes but she also uploads 1-hr vids every now and then so it's nice using her videos for creating a workout schedule.


7.  Barlates Body Blitz

I don't workout with this channel that much but whenever I do, it's because I want a resistance-band workout that's burning and real challenging. I sometimes fear Linda's workouts because they are not playing around. All the videos I did with her made me sore the next day, which wasn't surprising really. Think of her workouts as a jacked up version of barre and pilates: so endurance, toning, and resistance-training wrapped up in a 40 to 1-hr video. Fun!


8. Well+Good

Last but not least I have Well+Good, a varied channel containing fitness and wellness. It's like a "magazine channel" where you have different videos uploaded like recipes, workouts, and tip and tricks about anything health-related. I like doing workouts in this channel as my :"burn-out workouts" or enders because most of them range from 10 to 30 minutes, perfect time for an extra push. They also feature stretches and yoga workouts, which I also do from time to time. 


And that's it! I still have a lot of workouts to feature so stay tuned for more. I think I'll do a list purely for yoga because yoga's a big part of my workout routine as well so I've accumulated quite a number of channels I love. Until then, stay sweaty!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love Sydney too! Time flies by when I do her workouts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her workouts always make me feel like I'm gonna lose a limb haha! (So worth it tho!)

      Delete