Prime Time with Detail Cosmetics Eyes On You Eyeshadow Base

by - Wednesday, November 10, 2021

 


Local primer find.

Now that I think about it, I've only used two eye primers all this time: the ultimate OGs, Urban Decay Primer Potion and Two Faced Shadow Insurance. These primers were the go-to primers, the cult favorites when it comes to eye primers. And from my experience, these two were worth the hype. These primers are just so good at making sure eyeshadows and liners stay in place and I never ever experienced any creasing when I use these primers. Sure I used MAC Paint Pots as a base from time to time but underneath that Paint Pot is my trusty eye primer. 

I had to let go of these primers eventually (well, my Primer Potion's wiped out; my Shadow Insurance was past its shelf life) and that gave me a chance to go out there and replace them with a primer I haven't tried yet. One of the primers I've always eyed is Detail Cosmetics' Eyes On You Eyeshadow Base. Detail Cosmetics is a local brand that I trust so it just made sense for me to try their own shadow base. So. How did it fare?


The Eyes On You Eyeshadow Base is described as a product that "ensures your eye shadow or liquid eyeliner stays in place all day long and prevents the shadow from creasing on your eyelids." It comes in a pink plastic tube and has a net weight of 10g. It retails for ₱180 but I only got it for ₱90 during one of Detail Cosmetics' sale. The primer comes with a doe foot applicator like the UD Primer Potion, but this doe foot looks more like a concealer doe foot and it isn't angled like UD's.

 


Eyes On You has a pale skintone hue to it, again, just like the Primer Potion and Shadow Insurance. Consistency-wise, I find that Eyes On You has a slightly thicker consistency although it still goes on smoothly and blends easily. I have to say, a little product goes a long way with this one. A tiny dot of this primer is enough to cover a whole lid up to the brow bone and if you have applied a little bit more, you'd be able to also prime your lower lid.

Not gonna lie, this product really surprised me! I tested it with eyeshadows, liners, and an oil-based liquid product and those products didn't crease on me and they pretty much stayed on my lids for quite a long time. I also like how this product just makes my shadows more pigmented and full on, just like my former primers! 


For an affordable primer you can get locally, I couldn't recommend this enough. This primer is such a nice surprise to me and this just makes me want to put on eye makeup more. Since Detail Cosmetics has a lot of branches and very active online shops, this primer, as well as other beauty products, can be purchased easily. (Personally, I really recommend checking their Shopee and Lazada pages- their deals are better than in-store!) Yay to creaseless eye makeup looks!

You May Also Like

0 comments