The (Skin) Protector You Need: Dazzle Me Attack on Sun! Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++

by - Tuesday, April 02, 2024

 


    Sun's out- and so is my sunscreen.

     If there's one thing that is currently irking me, it's the sun. Yes, the sun and its painful, harmful rays. I don't know about you but where I'm from, specifically Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, the sun is one hot and painful mothereffer. It's not only hot and humid, the heat feels painful on the skin. As someone who has been living with SLE for years now, this is just unacceptable and bad for me and my health. And I know I can't always hide from the sun so now more than ever, I'm in need of a good everyday sunscreen. One with a high SPF and preferably one that doesn't feel hot and sticky on the skin. I've been using one sunscreen for a couple months now and it's one that I highly approve of!


    

This is the Attack on Sun! Sunscreen, a lightweight, quick-absorbing, and non-sticky sunscreen that offers UVA/UVB protection with its SPF50 PA++++ for as long as 12 hours. This sunscreen brightens without the greasy feel and nourishes the skin thanks to its skin-loving ingredients, such as Vitamin E, chamomile, and Myrothamnus extract- making this sunscreen moisturizing and suitable to acne-prone skin. Best of all, you can use this product on BOTH your face and body!

    The Attack on Sun! Sunscreen is paraben-free, cruelty-free, mineral oil-free, and alcohol-free. It retails for ₱398 for 30g of product! (Again, like most Dazzle Me products, you can get this product for much cheaper, thanks to the sales on their online stores!)


    

    Packaging is quite straightforward: the tube is a soft plastic with a screw-top lid. It's not bulky and can easily be chucked in your bag or purse. I do wish, however, that the spout inside is more tapered  or pointed so that the product inside won't come out all at once. But other than that, I quite like the simple but eye-catching packaging.


    

    So let's get down to the actual sunscreen itself. The sunscreen, at first glance, looks like your standard sunscreen: opaque white. However, I think that's where the similarities end. I'm happy to report that Attack on Sun! is thinner and lighter and most importantly, it doesn't feel heavy, sticky, and hot on the skin. It's just like applying body lotion, except with the added sun protection benefits. I love that it feels very comfortable on the skin and that it gets absorbed easily. It doesn't just sit on top of the skin and it doesn't leave a greasy film layer that other sunscreens have. 

    Aside from the sun protection, I like that it also moisturizes my skin! It leaves my skin soft and smooth- so yes, their moisturizing claim is definitely true! I also like that I can use it on both my face and body. On the face, it does leave a slight slippery feel after it dries down so if you're planning to use this sunscreen under makeup, I suggest using a primer that has a matte finish to counter that slippery feel. Also, generally, this sunscreen doesn't give whitecast- however, if you apply too much, you'll definitely get one. So when applying on the face, I suggest you start with a thin layer first then build it up instead of doing a lot on the initial application. That way, you'll have a perfect amount on the face and you get to avoid getting a whitecast on your face.



    I'm also very pleased that this product doesn't have that harsh sunscreen scent! Just like other Dazzle Me products, this one has a pleasant smell: a light floral fragrance that does go away the more this sunscreen dries down.     

    If there's one downside to this product, it's that it's not water-proof nor water-resistant. You cannot rely on this product to give you sun protection when you go swimming because once you hit the water, it'll come off quickly. I personally experienced it sliding off of my skin when I went swimming so skip this for any water-related activities. 


    I'm very particular with my sunscreens and I'm happy to say that this one is now my favorite! I just love how lightweight it is on the skin and that it's also moisturizing at the same time. I've been using this nonstop since I bought it and I think I'll be sticking with this one as my everyday sun protection. I cannot recommend this sunscreen enough! If you're looking for a sunscreen that's budget-friendly, lightweight, and non-sticky for everyday, one you can use for indoor and outdoor activities (except for any water activities), then this is a good one to try out. Thanks for bringing this to the Philippine beauty market, Dazzle Me!

You May Also Like

0 comments