Pocket Pomade: Dazzle Me Brow-Buddy 3 in 1 Eyebrow

by - Friday, July 21, 2023

 


Multi-use brow porduct alert!

    I'm pretty excited for today's review because it has been a hot minute since I've featured a brow product! I think the last one I reviewed was back in September last year, the product being Dear Self Beauty's Betterbrow (which I'm still using, by the way!). When it comes to brow products, I tend to stick to the ones that work for me. If I like the color, the formula, and longevity of a brow product, I tend to use it until I get sick of it. I think that's why I love getting new brow products to try because it forces me to try new ones that I haven't used before instead of repurchasing the same ones over and over.



    Dazzle Me was kind enough to send over their own brow product, the Brow Buddy! Brow Buddy is a multi-use pomade that can be used as both a brow filler and eyeliner. Its formula is incorporated with skin-friendly oils such as argan, castor, and meadowfoam seed. The Brow Buddy also claims to be foolproof and water-resistant, with a staying power of 12 hours, thanks to the German film-forming agent that makes it long-lasting. 

Brow Buddy also doesn't contain any parabens, alcohol, or mineral oils. A tube contains 2g of product and retails for ₱233 (which you can get for less since Dazzle Me doesn't skimp on sales!).



    Brow Buddy's packaging's very on brand for Dazzle Me: simple yet it pops with that bright green element. It's also not too bulky, which makes it easy to carry around even in small purses. But I think its most unique feature is that it already has a built in angled brush! I personally love brow pomades in general but they're not the most travel-friendly products because you have to bring a separate brush with it but that's not a problem with the Brow Buddy. The angled brush is surprisingly quite sturdy, like it doesn't feel cheaply made at all. In fact, it reminds me of some of the angled brushes I have in my kit! I like that the brush is not scratchy and it's thin enough to give you control when filling your brows and when you're doing your eyeliner. Love that it comes with a cap too!



    This brow product comes in two shades: 01 Clay-Mate, a neutral-cool brown shade and 02 Co-Ash is a cool-toned ash brown. I actually love that these brow shades that are NOT warm! Warm/reddish browns are not it for people with dark to black hair like me and these shades are just perfect. I actually like how I can use both shades on my brows, thanks to their cool tone!



    Between the two, I personally see myself using Clay-Mate. Even though I have black hair, I like using brow shades that have a bit of brown in them because I find that they warm up my face and this cool toned brown does the job superbly.


    

    Co-Ash, on the other hand, is the perfect shade for black haired peeps out there because it's not as harsh or dark on the face like other black hair-recommended brow shades. Co-Ash is a nice shade to use if you already have bushy brows and you just want to fill in the gaps without making your brows look bolder.




    Formula-wise, I'd say Brow Buddy has a slightly different consistency from the other pomades I use. It is creamy, yes, but upon application, it feels almost like a cream-to-powder consistency. It feels a bit drier, like it dries quickly but not really, if that makes sense? Comparing it to the ColourPop Precision Brow Colour pomade, Brow Buddy is definitely thinner and drier while the former is creamier, a bit thicker, and takes a little while to fully dry.

    Because of this kind of confusing but very workable formula, applying it on the brows is actually pretty easy. With pomades, you kind of have the tendency to over apply but I find that with the Brow Buddy, it's easier and less prone to smudging. Also, coverage of this product is around medium opacity, making this very easy to control and a pretty beginner-friendly product.

    However, I have to say, I quite like as an eyeliner! I like that it's thin and easy to build up, plus for some reason, it doesn't seem to set rapidly on the eye area than on the brows. Since the shades are light, the eyeliner effect you'll get is a subtle definition, perfect for those who don't want a bold liner especially for daytime. As eyeliners, the effect they give actually remind me of gyaru makeup! I do have to add, though, that Brow Buddy is not as waterproof as gel eyeliners. So please set them with powder to prevent smudging.



    As far as affordable brow pomades go, Brow Buddy is one to try! I absolutely love how easy it is to use and just how convenient it is for a product to be both a brow pomade and eyeliner; it definitely makes my makeup kit lighter! The angled brush is thin and doesn't splay, while the formula is pretty good enough to work with as both brow filler and eyeliner and it's also, true to their word, water-resistant. Color-wise, the two cool-toned shades of Brow Buddy is unbeatable- they're exactly the shades I'm looking for in a brow product! Dazzle Me surprised me a lot with their Brow Buddy and I hope you, dear reader, would give them a try too!


You May Also Like

0 comments