Covered Up Circles and Hydrated Skin with Issy & Co. Active Concealer in NM3

by - Wednesday, July 19, 2023

 


My current everyday undereye concealer.

When we went on a trip last March, one of the makeup items I knew I'd include in my kit was concealer. Said trip was a pilgrimage and with these kinds of trips, I knew there'd be a whole lot of walking under different weather conditions and the last thing I want to be thinking of was if my base looks powdery, patchy, and/or cakey. So: concealer it is. Now, you all know my pretty much a noob when it comes to concealing so your girl was STRESSING because I didn't have the shade of concealer I wanted to bring with me (most of the concealers I had that time was mostly warm toned). So after some research and some flash sales, I got my "trip concealer": Issy and Co.'s Active Concealer in NM3. 



    So let's start with a little refresher. The Active Concealer is a "hydrating oil-free concealer that visibly brightens and helps soothe skin, and provides medium to full coverage." These concealers are designed to perform as an under-eye brightener, targeted concealer and sculpting contour while hydrating and calming irritated skin.


Key ingredients in the Active Concealer include:

Sodium Hyaluronate (helps retain skin moisture) 

Avocado Extract (has anti-oxidants and skin-soothing properties)

Bentonite Clay (aids in sebum control)

Glycerin (supports hydration and a known skin-restoring ingredient)



    A tube of the Active Concealer contains 10ml of product and retails for ₱399 (but thanks to Issy and Co's sales, I got mine for only ₱224!)



    The Active Concealer line has a whopping 24 shades to choose from and looking at my skintone, I'd say I fit in the light-medium category. I already tried their medium shades using their sample pack so I went with the one closest to my skintone: NM3, formerly the shade FN2.

NM3 is a neutral-cool undertone medium shade, one I chose primarily for my undereyes. I wanted a shade that matched my skintone and not something that'll highlight or brighten. I also chose NM3 because I wanted to have a concealer without the yellow undertone. I think I'm slowly realizing that I'm that not much of a warm skintoned person haha!

 


   So here's NM3 on my undereyes. Personally, I think it's still a tad light but at least it's closer to my skintone than my Squad Concealer in the shade CL3 (which I like for a lil brightening effect!). Also, for the sake of demo purposes, I didn't color correct my undereyes just so you guys can see NM3 more accurately.

When it comes to coverage, this concealer has medium but buildable opacity. It can't really fully make my undereye circles disappear completely; maybe just around 85-90% when layered twice. However, I like how it just makes my undereyes look brighter and less sleep deprived without looking too "concealer-y".



    The Active Concealer's consistency is just like most concealers: a little fluid that spreads easily but doesn't drip down your face. I'd say the Maybelline Fit Me concealer and Sooper Beaute's Skin Cover Tint have the same consistency as the Active Concealer.

 Because of its thin consistency, it's very easy to layer it twice or thrice max. I also like that it doesn't crease that much on my undereyes. Like, of course it would settle on my lines but almost all of my concealers do that anyway, but I like that it isn't patchy and not prone to smudging. 

In all fairness, I absolutely love how it feels on the undereyes. It doesn't feel too heavy or matte on the skin and it doesn't add dryness to my face. It sits quite comfortably on the skin and yes, sometimes I forget I have it on!



    The Active Concealers are quite the rave in the local beauty community and with good reason! It's the kind of concealer that's worth getting because it's not only a concealing and brightening/contouring product, it's also a skin-friendly concealer. I don't have to go overboard with the skin prep beforehand because this concealer is already hydrating on its own. If you're looking for a concealer that's fuss-free and easy to use, then give the Active Concealers a go. I honestly have not stopped reaching for NM3 ever since I got it because not only is it good on its own, it also mixes well with my other concealers. I definitely think I'm sticking with this one for my undereyes!


You May Also Like

0 comments