Light and Lemony: Pretty Secret Vita-C Ultra Lightening Facial Moisturizer

by - Tuesday, August 08, 2023

 

Vit C, anyone?

Today I'll be taking a break from reviewing makeup products to review a skincare product! I feel like it's been a hot minute since I featured some skincare so here's one for now. 

Back in June or July, I purchased two salt scrubs from my local Watsons branch, because not only do I need salt scrubs, I also need the freebies attached to them. I'm a sucker for freebies and when I saw that the freebies were skincare products, I didn't hesitate to check them salt scrubs out. The products are from a brand called Pretty Secret and since I haven't tried anything from the brand yet, I thought I'd start with some skincare products. Today's featured product is one of the freebies: a moisturizer!



This is Pretty Secret's Vita-C Ultra Lightening Facial Moisturizer. This daily moisturizer is infused with lemon extract and it promises not only nourished, soft, and radiant skin, but also lightening of dark spots and even skin tone.

This product is sulfate, paraben, and phthalate-free and comes in a 50ml tube.


Right off the bat, you'll see that this moisturizer is a milky white. But I think the thing we have to talk about more is its scent. It smells like freshly squeezed lemon juice! Since I love lemony stuff, I really don't mind the scent at all but it might not be your cup of tea if you prefer scentless skincare products.

 The consistency of this product is VERY fluid- water-like, even. It just gushes out of the tube without warning that you end up with a handful of product that's just way too much on your face! With this type of consistency, I feel like this product is better off in a pump bottle as that prevents mess better than a squeeze tube. That or this squeeze tube needs a better, more secure stopper.



Since this moisturizer is very runny, it's very easy to apply and spread on the face. However, this product doesn't seep into the skin immediately. It takes time for it to get absorbed and during this time it'll get tacky a bit before fully setting. As it sets, it doesn't leave your skin dry to the touch. It leaves a sort of thin film on your face that feels a little slippery.

It does a great job in making my face feel soft and moisturized. It does a good job at taming my dry patches and its moisturizing capabilities last a surprisingly long time. It does give a radiant look on my skin, a healthy glow or shine if you will. So on the hydrating and softening front, the Vit-C Facial Moisturizer delivers. 

However, as I've said before, that slippery feeling on the skin doesn't really go or dry away so it can get pretty annoying when it's hot and you get all sweaty and for some reason, your face feels super extra sticky. It's why I don't like using this on hot days and under my makeup. I just don't want to risk my , makeup to slip and transfer with this underneath, you know? I don't recommend using this if you have an oily skin type BUT I suggest you try this if you're more on the dry side. I feel like this grips and feels better on dry skin than on normal/oily skin types.


Personally, this moisturizer isn't my most favorite but it's one I'll keep on hand for times when my dry skin's just too much to handle. I like that this moisturizer is really heavy on the nourishing and softening aspects but I personally find that it's too much on me for day use. I think I'll switch it up and use it at night instead! I feel like this switch would suit my skin better. Again, this moisturizer is better on drier skin types and just proceed with caution if you're on the oily side. Oh, and if you'll use it at daytime, I highly suggest applying sunscreen on top of it, mainly to preserve its Vit C properties, which we know doesn't really sit well under the sun. But other than that, the Vita-C Ultra Lightening Facial Moisturizer gets a 7.5/10 from me.


You May Also Like

0 comments