Daily Grip: Dazzle Me Get a Grip! Makeup Setting Spray

by - Friday, July 28, 2023

 


Ready, SET, go!

    As far as setting sprays go, my tried and tested one is Urban Decay's All Nighter. It has been my go-to spray because it really does lock in my makeup and makes it last for hours without the heavy or sticky feel. A little goes a long way too with this spray- which is good because it's not exactly cheap! But I feel like you get what you pay for with this product. I mean, there's a reason why All Nighter's a beauty cult fave!

    And as much as I love that spray, I feel like it's a bit much (for a lack of a better term) for everyday. For daily use, I want something as effective but not as pricey as that one. Thankfully, there are a number of options in the market that's more budget friendly, one of them being Dazzle Me's own!


Get a Grip! is Dazzle Me's hydrating setting spray that helps lock in your makeup, making it smudge-proof, waterproof, and transfer-resistant. This spray contains both oil-control and hydrating ingredients in its formula, including rose water, trehalose, hyaluronic acid, and castor oil. So not only does this spray prolong your makeup, it also takes care of your skin!

Just like most of Dazzle Me's products, Get a Grip! doesn't contain parabens, alcohol, and mineral oil. This 60ml bottle retails for Php199 (which is pretty damn impressive!).


Before we get to the deets, let's just take a moment on the packaging, shall we? Just like other Dazzle Me products, this setting spray also comes in a bright colored bottle that just looks so fun! I also like that it doesn't feel cheap. It has some heft to it that feels like it won't crack easily if you drop it. Love the contrast of the green and purple too!


This setting spray, just like other sprays, has a water-like fluid consistency (look like water too hehe). When sprayed on the skin, it feels wet at first but when it starts to dry, it starts to feel sticky/tacky for a while before it fully sets. Not gonna lie, this one feels quite refreshing on the skin! I like that it didn't feel heavy on the skin and it didn't really take a long time for it to dry down. 

I've tried this product on both creams and powders and I find that this works better on powders. So eyeshadows, brow powders, blush, bronzer, face powders- they'll stick and last long on your face, thanks to this product. I used this and an eyeshadow for my eyeliner and I swear, my shadow liner did not budge! So good!


I know it claimed 12 hours of long-wear but realistically, I don't wear my makeup for that long. However, I did test this spray for about 7 hours and I gotta say, my makeup still looked good! I mean, obviously, it's not as vivid as when it was freshly applied but my eyeshadow, blush, and brows still look like they could still go on for longer. My concealer faded but other than that, a little blotting here and there and I'd be good as new. The oil-control of this product, I'd say, is okay. I have a normal to oily skin type right now and while I did oil up on the usual areas, it wasn't too bad. It looked like glowy skin, not fry-an-egg on my face oily so that's a win!


Overall, on me, Get a Grip! did deliver on its claims: it was hydrating, it made my makeup smudge and transfer-proof, and yes, it was non-sticky and very lightweight on the skin. Oil-control is okay, and this spray is waterproof but only up to a point. Only qualm I have is that I wish it had a finer mist. But other than that, for an affordable everyday setting spray, Get a Grip! is pretty good! No wonder it's sold out most of the time!



You May Also Like

0 comments