A Mid Medium: Dazzle Me Our Secret Cover Concealer in Medium

by - Saturday, February 24, 2024

 


So here's the thing...

    If there's one thing I've learned from years of beauty blogging, it's that you'll always come across a product that'll disappoint you. It'll disappoint you because it either won't work on you or it won't match or exceed your expectations. Though most of the products I've featured are ones I found really great and awesome, there are still some that I found subpar or so-so. Today, however, it pains me to say that I'll be featuring a product that quite disappointed me from a beauty brand that I adore.



    It's no secret that I like beauty brand Dazzle Me and their products but one just didn't wow me: the Our Secret Cover Concealer. It is a multi-coverage, long-lasting concealer that "effectively camouflages or hides any imperfections on the skin such as acne, scars, or dark spots." It has a 2-in-1 formula that combines skincare with makeup as this concealer has French Immortelle flower extract that has anti-aging properties and Centella Asiatica essence that help soothe and repair the skin. 

    This product free from mineral oils, alcohol, and talc. This product retails for ₱218 and contains 2.5 grams of product.


Our Secret Cover Concealer  comes in two shades: 01 Light for light skintones, and the one I have here which is 02 Medium for light-medium skintones. I'd say Medium has a nice neutral tone to it that will match those with medium skintones quite nicely.



    However, though 02 Medium was a good match on my skintone initially, I'm sad to say that it oxidized on me, turning it into a shade deeper with an orange tone- very unflattering and obvious, especially when used on the undereyes.

(Because I don't like wasting products, instead of letting this concealer go to waste, I thought I'd take advantage of its oxidized orange tone and turn it into a corrector! Of course it won't correct as well as a proper orange corrector but I think it'll do in a pinch. Just like a corrector, this concealer's orange tone disappears when layered with a concealer or base on top.) 



    So let's talk texture and finish. Our Secret Cover Concealer is your usual liquid concealer that's thin but doesn't run. It blends quite easily, whether it's with a blender, a brush (surprisingly isn't streaky!), or with your fingers.

    If you're into concealers with a matte finish, then you'll probably like this concealer. I'm personally not into matte concealers anymore as they tend to highlight my textured skin so this was a bit of a let down for me. However, I like that once this concealer is set, it stays and doesn't budge anymore unlike dewy concealers that tend to move or smudge. I find that using a blender softens the "matteness" of this concealer.

    Lastly (and the saving grace of this product for me lol), this concealer has a nice scent! I quite like its sweet and light flowery smell- very on-brand for Dazzle Me! 


   

     Coverage-wise, the Our Secret Cover Concealer has a light coverage that's buildable to a medium. You really need to layer it on twice or thrice and/or apply a corrector beforehand for it to be able to fully cover blemishes and dark spots. The tool you blend it with also affects its coverage. A damp blender tends to sheer it out even more (although the finish, in my opinion, is better and more skin-like), while a fluffy brush lets you get at least a medium coverage (though it'll look more matte and dry). Honestly, I feel like this one's best used on your "good skin days" or days when you need the lightest coverage.

   


    Okay, I'm not going to sugarcoat this: I'm not a big fan of this concealer. I don't like that it oxidizes into a tan orangey hue and the coverage doesn't really do much for me. I'm also not a fan of its finish, again because it just makes my skin texture more noticeable and I just prefer my concealers dewy. Having said that, I feel like this concealer will suit people who have an oily skin type as this won't be too drying and it'll set better than on those with normal to dry skin types. Overall, this one's a miss from me, unfortunately.


You May Also Like

0 comments