Sampling Samples: Laneige Vitamin Brightening Micellar Cleansing Water

by - Friday, March 15, 2024

 


Time to cleanse.

    As someone who uses and reviews makeup, I'd say I've tried quite a number of makeup removers these past few years. It's not because I haven't found one that really works for me; it's simply because I like variety and new things. Biphase, micellar, oil, wipes- yep, I've tried them all at some point. Right now, I absolutely love using cleansing oils to fully melt my makeup off but I still keep a few bottles of liquid makeup removers to remove makeup booboos like mascara and eyeliner smears, to tidy up my lip lines, etc. My favorite are bi-phase makeup removers although I still like trying out new ones, like this product I'm about to review!



    I've already featured a Laneige makeup remover in the past, the Perfect Makeup Cleansing Water. It's mild micellar cleansing water that's quite suitable for all skip types, especially sensitive ones. Now, it's time to feature another one: the Vitamin Brightening Micellar Cleansing Water!

 The Vitamin Brightening Micellar Cleansing Water is a "gentle, makeup-melting micellar water powered by skin-brightening vitamins and berries that clarify impurities and brighten complexion". This cleansing water has a blend of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Laneige's "superberry extract" (a.k.a. acerola and acai berry extract) that help diminish the look of pigmentation and promotes an even and radiant complexion. This product doesn't just melt your make up away- it also actively clarifies and brightens your skin!

This micellar cleansing water is also completely free from mineral oil, sulphates, paraben, essential oils and alcohol.


I'll get straight to the point: this micellar water is probably the most gentle one I've used so far. I like that it doesn't hurt my skin, even if I have some shallow cuts or breakouts. It's light and doesn't feel greasy on the skin, plus it does give my skin a healthy glow look after use. I also like that it has a pleasing light fruity scent.

On the skin, this micellar water is great. However, I find it too gentle when removing makeup. It does a good job in removing the "lighter" ones like powders and that it can remove about 80% of creams and liquids. It cannot, however, budge any of my waterproof products like eyeliners and mascaras. I quite like using this product to remove booboos, like accidental smudges or cleaning up my lip line but when it comes to fully removing my makeup, I still prefer using my cleansing oils as they do a more thorough job that this micellar water. With this, I still feel the need to follow up with a cleansing oil or a stronger makeup remover or wipe, which can be a bit much sometimes.

Overall, I think it's a good micellar water that I personally find too mild for my liking. I guess that's always my issue with these kinds of removers: they're too gentle and sometimes you need to use a lot for it to remove all products on your face. But if you're someone who's into micellar waters or you've got sensitive skin, this product is worth looking into. This is something I unfortunately won't purchase full size but you bet I'll finish this sample all up; look, I'm even halfway already!


You May Also Like

0 comments