Sampling Samples: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Lipstick in 164 Sassy Rhubarb

by - Tuesday, July 23, 2024

 


Smol bby.

We have a different sample for today. Instead of a sachet, we have a mini lippie!

    I haven't seen a mini lipstick in forever so when my sister gave this last December, I knew I had to feature this in Sampling Samples! This is, as far as I know, my first MUFE lippie and spoiler alert: I can't get over it. From the color to the texture, this lippie just checks all my boxes when it comes to a matte/semi-matte bullet lipstick.


    Make Up Forever's Rouge Artist lipsticks "combine the intensity of a matte with the comfort of a cream to deliver ultimate color impact & flawless lips in one swipe." These lipsticks have an innovative formula that hydrates, smooths, and blurs the lips for a flawless finish.

A full-size Rouge Artist tube contains 3.2g of product and retails for ₱1,250.00. This mini/sample version I have here contains  g, on the other hand. Here's a side by side of this mini lippie with a regular/full-size bullet:


 How cute!!


    The Rouge Artist lipstick line has currently 20 shades, a nice mix of reds, pinks, browns, and purples. Here I have 164 Sassy Rhubarb, a neutral-cool rosy mauve. On the MUFE website, swatches of Sassy Rhubarb looks like a proper cool-toned mauve that's heavy on the purple/lilac undertone but IRL, it's really a proper cool pink mauve that's definitely more wearable for everyday. I love both shades but I wish the swatch on the MUFE site was more faithful to the real color of the lippie.

    I absolutely love rosy mauves so Sassy Rhubarb is really up my alley! It actually reminds me of a lipstick I used and abused back in the day: Lipstick Queen's Mauve Sinner!



    I really love using this lippie because of its texture and feel on the lips. Imagine a creme lipstick but it's less slippery and shiny- that's pretty much Sassy Rhubarb. Though it's marketed as a matte lipstick, I don't really feel its matteness because it's just so comfortable and creamy on the lips! It glides on so smoothly (with a little bit of grip) and it instantly hydrated my lips- yes, even when they're dry and chapped! I love that this lipstick is just so easy to use and how lightweight it feels on the lips that I even forget I have it one. Plus, you really can't beat that pigment!



    If you could get a good high-end lipstick, I recommend getting one of MUFE's Rouge Artist lipsticks. They feel creamy and hydrating on the lips without that heavy feel, plus they're rich pigment as well. I recommend checking them out in person though just cause the swatches on their site are a little off, for lack of a better term. For a wearable everyday rosy mauve, Sassy Rhubarb is the shade to check out for sure! She's so pretty!




You May Also Like

0 comments