A Rosy Flush: GRWM Cosmetics Quad Goals Baked Blush in Sola

by - Monday, August 05, 2024

 


The sheer flush you need.

    Before I start this post, I am SO sorry for abandoning you (again?) last month. July was a rollercoaster of a month that sometimes had me fighting for my life (I know, kinda dramatic but you know) so please forgive me for only getting one post out. I am feeling much better now, much normal now and I have a good feeling that August will be a better month than July. Hopefully I get more posts out this month because I have so much products to share here, you have no idea.


OKAY, let's start!


        Last month, GRWM had a really good deal on all their Quad Goals blushes: each pan was only ₱99, and if you purchase at least two blushes, you get a free(!!!) palette/case for your blushes. ₱99 for a blush is a pretty good steal if you ask me so of course I had to get a couple to try out. GRWM has a lot of blushes to choose from but ultimately, I went with two of their baked blushes. I got baked blushes instead of their pressed ones because I liked the shades of the baked ones more, and I wanted a shimmery or luminous finish rather than a matte one. 



    GRWM's Quad Goals Baked Blushes are blushes that "give a natural radiant finish with a buildable color". These blushes contain Vitamin E in their formula which helps nourish and moisturize the skin.

These blushes are vegan and cruelty-free. Each pan retails for ₱299 and has 4g of product.


    Each pan of GRWM's blush (as well as contour, bronzer, and highlighter) comes in its own box and plastic case!



The baked blush line currently has 7 shades, 3 with a natural radiant finish and 4 with micro-fine shimmers. The ones I got have the radiant finish, namely Sola and Hera. Today, as indicated in this post's title, I'll be featuring Sola, a medium dusty rose with a neutral undertone.




I think what made me buy Sola is the fact that it looks light enough to pass as a sort of desaturated blush which I'm very into right now. I just love how it looks natural and luminous on the skin without looking too glittery! I also like that in terms of opacity, it's more on the sheer side. Powder blushes tend to start very opaque but not with this baked blush. I like that I can control how soft or bright I want it on my cheeks and I love how easy it is to layer and blend out. Because of how pretty of a pink Sola is, I can also see myself using it as an eyeshadow!

Quick side note: since this blush has a sheer opacity, I find that using a slightly dense brush to apply it is the best and quickest way to go. Whenever I use a fluffy blush brush, it takes quite some time to build this blush up. A dense brush packs on the color instantly- and with even less fallout too. 

Because it has a sheen to it, I can also use Sola as sort of a blush topper on my matte liquid and cream blushes to make them a little less dry and flat on the skin. I find that this blush doesn't disrupt any product underneath it and that it just melts or settles on top of the skin beautifully. I don't find it too powdery and the fallout isn't bad either.



Longevity-wise, it pretty much lasts a good amount of time, especially when you use it on top of a cream or liquid base and if you set it with a setting spray afterwards. I wore this blush on top of a Colourtint then sealed it with a good layer of setting spray and it pretty much stayed in place for more or less 8 hours. It did fade a bit after 5-6 hours on my combination skin but was still there when it was time to take my makeup off.


    Sola may not be the most popular shade in the baked blush line (I think Venus is the most purchased one) but if you're looking for an everyday buildable pink blush that has a sheen to it, I think Sola's worth looking into! I personally love it because the shade itself is quite flattering on my morena skintone and again, I love that I can build it up without looking too powdery. I also love how pretty its sheen is on the cheeks because it gives my skin a nice dewy healthy look. Overall, a really good purchase and product from GRWM!

You May Also Like

0 comments