A Blurb for the Blur: Strokes Soft Veil Filter Foundation in Deep 03

by - Wednesday, August 14, 2024


IRL filter.

    As far as bases go, I'd say it has been a good while since I last purchased a foundation. Most of the bases I have are skin tints loaded up with a good amount of SPF in them and while I love those, I realized I needed a base that didn't cause flashback. I needed a good ol' fashioned foundation! After few weeks of checking out foundations from local brands, I ultimately went the one that was the most interesting to me: Strokes' Soft Veil Foundation! 



    The Soft Veil Filter Foundation is "an oil-free, breathable liquid foundation that creates a medium to full 'blurring' coverage to your fine lines and works as a second skin filter with its natural, soft matte finish." This foundation has a makeup/skincare hybrid formula as it's infused with something called "Ultra Filling Spheres™", a skin-plumping technology that tightens the skin surface and fills in visible pores. Aside from that, it also contains Vitamin E that nourishes and protects the skin from common skin problems, and Hyaluronic Acid that increases the natural moisture of the skin.

    The Soft Veil Filter Foundation is made with responsibly sourced global ingredients and is cruelty-free. It retails for ₱548 and has 35ml of product.




    The packaging of this foundation feels pretty lush and premium to me, not gonna lie! Love how this foundation comes in a glass bottle that feels hefty and sturdy, one that I can travel with for sure. I find the overall look of this foundation pretty simple and chic, and I super love that it comes with a pump! 



     The Soft Veil Filter Foundation is available in 9 shades and I have Deep 03, a medium-deep shade with a neutral undertone. Now, I know: this shade is a bit dark on me. When I purchased this foundation back in early June, I was a bit tanner than usual and Deep 03 matched me perfectly. Now I'm back to my usual shade (in between a medium to tan) and my face is a few shades lighter than my body again so I mix a white shade adjuster with this to achieve a closer match to my current skintone.




    Tone-wise, I am just obsessed with Deep 03. It is a true neutral undertone and when I put it on sans shade adjuster, it looks like my normal/natural tanned shade. It's not overly orange-y or warm nor grayish so it doesn't look weird and obvious when I put it on. It is a beautiful tan tone that is my perfect summer shade and one that I think will suit a lot of morenas!

    This foundation has a medium but buildable to a full coverage. I usually do two thin layers of it on my face to achieve a nice even base. As with all my bases, I applied this product with a damp blender sponge.



    What really drew me in with this foundation is its soft matte finish. Nowadays I prefer bases that are more glowy and dewy, just because these finishes don't highlight skin textures as much and they make my skin look healthy and less dull. The Soft Veil's soft matte is perfect because it has a bit of a dewy look to it without looking too glassy or wet on the skin. It doesn't highlight my bumps and cling to my dry patches, and most importantly, it doesn't make my base look flat. Honestly, this product is so beautiful when worn!

    Another thing I liked about it is how thin and lightweight this foundation is. It's not runny but it's also not too creamy- it's right smack in the middle, making it a such a dream to blend and wear on the skin. It honestly doesn't feel like it's there- and yes, I sometimes forget that I have it on haha! It just hugs and settles on the skin so seamlessly that it feels like second skin, almost like a "your skin but better" situation. This foundation also doesn't feel too suffocating and clogging on the skin, making its claim as a breathable foundation true. It also doesn't feel drying, thanks to the added hyaluronic acid and Ultra Filling Spheres in its formula.



    I'd also like to report that this pretty much stayed on my face for at least 8 hours with minimal fading. I did apply a face primer beforehand and set it with powder and setting spray afterwards- you know, things I usually do when I have foundation on. The only areas that rubbed off entirely were my nose (I had a cold when I wore this lol) and my nose bridge area where my eyeglasses at.



     If you're looking for a local foundation that's worth buying, I highly recommend getting the Soft Veil Filter Foundation, especially if you want your base to make your skin look healthy and glowy, not highlight your skin texture, and feel and look skin-like. I feel like this foundation will be hugely appreciated by those with textured skin, mature skin, dry skin, and by those who love the clean girl aesthetic, so if you're one of those, you better try this product ASAP. I personally think this was such a good purchase for me because honestly, I reach for this foundation now more than my skin tints- that's how much I love it. No regrets from me with this one!

You May Also Like

0 comments