A Moment for the Reds: Dazzle Me Misty Matte Lip Creams in 03 Heartbeat and 04 Poppy

by - Thursday, August 08, 2024

 

Time for the reds.

    I can't believe it has been a year since I featured Dazzle Me's Misty Matte Lip Creams! These lip creams reignited my love for matte lip creams because not only are they pigmented and affordable, they're also quite comfortable despite having a soft matte finish. The three shades I showed you were Encounter, Rose Manor, and Desert Sunset. Tone-wise, I'm obsessed with Rose Manor (like this is the kind of red shade I like!); I use Encounter as an everyday fool-proof lip; and whenever I want something that's quite deep but not dark, I go for Desert Sunset. These three shades complement my morena skintone so well which is why they're still in my lippie rotation!

Good news: Dazzle Me sent over two more shades from this line so of course I have to share them with you!


    Recap: The Misty Matte Lip Creams are non-sticky and non-drying matte lip creams that set to a soft-matte finish. They are infused with hyaluronic acid, jojoba seed oil, and shea butter, ingredients that make the Misty Mattes comfortable and hydrating on the lips. Their formula is deemed as "foolproof", making them mask-, smudge-, and waterproof

                                                Each Misty Matte Lip Cream retails for ₱255.



In case you missed it, the Misty Mattes come in a hot pink tube with a nice angled doe foot applicator. I actually really like their applicator because it really hugs the lips and coats them with color instantly, and the pointed tip gets into the lip lines so easily and cleanly. I always have minimal clean up with these lip creams, thanks to their applicator!




The Misty Matte Lip Creams come in 6 shades and today I have for you two more shades: 03 Heartbeat, a brick red; and 04 Poppy, a sunkissed coral. Both shades are more on the lighter, brighter, bolder side but let's see if they go well with my skintone, shall we?



    Side by side, Heartbeat and Poppy look very identical to each other but if you really look closely, you'll find that Heartbeat is more muted in tone. It has a faint orange and brown undertone to it, making it a safer or more wearable red. For someone who has a medium-tan skintone, Heartbeat is pretty complementary!



    Poppy, on the other hand, looked like a bright red to me at first sight despite being a coral. Swatch-wise, I could see its pink tone slightly but it becomes a true red lip with a slight orange tone against my skintone. Poppy is a nice shade but I feel like it'll pop and work better on lighter skintones.



    What I like about the Misty Matte Lip Creams in general is that they're not only pigmented, they also feel comfortable on the lips. I love how creamy they are but don't move and slip around whenever I purse or smack my lips. Aesthetically, their soft focus matte finish makes my lips look plush and full but don't highlight my lip lines. Again, pigmentation is on point because I don't need a bajillion of layers on my pigmented lips to achieve a nice full and even layer. These lip creams are so easy to use and in fairness to them, they don't come off as easily as regular creme lippies! Lastly, yes, these lip creams do have a scent to them, a nice fruity-like smell that I quite like and don't mind at all!

    So there you go, the reds of the Misty Mattes! Again, if you want the subtler option, go for Heartbeat but go for Poppy if you want a bright pop of color. Wear them on their own or top with gloss for a high shine moment! 

You May Also Like

0 comments