Spring Palette + Style Inspo!

by - Friday, June 02, 2017


Springing some looks on ya! (Puns, man. Puns.)

A couple of months back, I definitely saw the sudden shift in fashion. Every fashionista I follow and watch started dressing a bit more lightly, both in color and material. And suddenly it hit me: spring is officially here.

While we don't experience spring season here in the Philippines (along with winter and autumn), we at least get to experience spring fashion. Living in a tropical country has its perks, and being able to dress in color 24/7 is one of them. Spring fashion is definitely one of my favorite styles, as it has the elements to comfy dressing: light hues & light fabrics. The colors aren't as vibrant and vivid as the ones in summer yet and you can definitely get away with wearing clothes that are lighter than the ones worn during the A/W season. Plus: florals. Florals everywhere and I ain't even mad about it.

I was quite excited when menswear company, Bonobos, reached out to me and asked to show them my Spring style. With their Spring collection out, I would curate a few looks that would complement some of theirs. A chance to brush up my Polyvore skills and have complete creative freedom? This project is something I can't pass up.

Based on the photos they gave me, I ended up with a pretty solid color palette, shown in the photo above. I have six: light pink, nude, olive green, burgundy, blue, and yellow. I like that I was able to have bright colors, either the star or the accent, as well as dark colors to ground the lighter ones. Spring is all about color, yes, but it's also about experimenting and mixing both light and dark hues.

So without further ado, here are the looks I came up with!

BNBS1


For this first look, I absolutely loved the nude color palette created by Bonobos so I wanted to inject some color or at least an accent. The nude palette reminded me of some of Ali Gordon's looks so I immediately thought of incorporating some of his fiancee's style, one of my fave blogger and Youtuber, Lydia Millen. Lydia loves flowy dresses so this H&M Lyocell-blend Tiered Dress immediately caught my eye. Aside from the lovely color, I am in love with it's low-v back. I paired it with an open toed nude low boot and the straw bag adds more color to this look as well. I thought since the dress is kind of plain, a pair of tassel earrings would add more character to it. A pair of cateye glasses to finish the look and look one is done.


BNBS1A

BNBS1A by shaunnekimberly

Look two is probably my fave out of the bunch because I thought the burgundy/olive green/nude combination is just genius. In this look, I opted to go for a an olive green suede jumpsuit and for that burst of color, I opted for very tropical yet feminine silk kimono jacket. Don't you just love this piece? For shoes, I thought this pair of baby pink suede heel makes the outfit more Spring-like. Because I quite like clashing print in print, this Gucci Marmont bag is looking absolutely divine with this outfit. I love how this look plays with different kinds of textures and colors, and this set is something I'd definitely wear.

BNBS2


Continuing with the green but this time with blue. The olive green and dark blue combo is for those who like color but still stay muted. For my look, I like this camouflage-looking top as it has the blue and green combo but in a lighter wash. I opted to pair it with deep blue shorts and for the pop of color: a striking yellow leather platform sandals. Just look at how avant garde that is! To add a bit of a nature vibe, I like how the walnut bag grounds the look.

BNBS3


These looks are quite monotonous and simple but they mix up different shades of blue. For my look, I decided to go for more colors since the looks worn in the photos can be matched with pretty much anything. I absolutely love the two-tone skirt; the light and dark hues reminded me immediately of the looks of Bonobos. I think the black top with the rose embroidery pairs really nicely with the skirt and for color, I decided to add in this light pink bomber jacket. Mirroring the first look a bit, I opted for a pair of nude slingback booties, just to ground the look. For more added blue, the crossbody bag is the perfect addition to the look.

BNBS 4


We're still on the blue on blue look but this time, with the pattern everybody's wearing these days: stripes. The look I had in mind is a bit couple-y/ matchy-matchy, where you want to go twinning with your significant other but not necessarily wearing the same top or bottoms. The shirt worn in the Bonobos look is quite straightforward so I decided to pair it with a dress that incorporates a few shades of blue stripes. I absolutely loved this pair flats because its daisy appliques just add color and fun to the dress. So springy! The appliques also gave me a chance to inject an additional color: yellow. So I went with a vibrant yellow chain bag that just pops when paired with this look. A pair of nice sleek tassel earrings to mirror the dress' and the look is complete.

I definitely learned a lot while doing these looks. First, that it's totally possible to wear color on color; you just have to experiment and see what looks good with what. Next is don't be afraid to mix up textures and prints. I also learned that you can dress up and still be comfortable at the same time. And lastly, just have fun with it! Let your love for florals and greenery show. It's all about spring, anyway!

Special thanks to Bonobos for letting me showcase my Spring style and for letting me use their photos of their Spring campaign.

You May Also Like

0 comments